• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    I'm sure that one or two will make a poor judgement decision. Perhaps one will commit a domestic related shooting that had nothing to do with a concealed carry. Or maybe a CCW will shoot someone without legal cause (maybe to defend property or something...).

Guarantee you that they will trot that out as the EXACT reason they were against it and introduce emergency legislation to repeal it.

Sent from my SM-N970U1 using Tapatalk
    There is nothing to repeal. G & S is DEAD.

Kharn

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2008
    Hazzard County
    It is going to be interesting to see if the MSP will still be doing interviews, given the onslaught of applications......
    It will be group Zoom meetings, 20 applicants at a time. All questions are multiple choice, hold Post-It up to the camera with your answer on it. If you get disconnected, you were passing.

Applehd

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 26, 2012
    I told the lady at my interview... you know what I have... pick one.

kshaw

Nov 21, 2012
    Gaithersburg, MD
    I agree with you

An incoming Democrat gubernatorial candidate has already promised to repeal "self-defense" as a good and substantial reason.

While the getting is good: let's put the last nail in this coffin, so some anti constitution politicians cant make us fight against our own tax money again.
    The Call vs. Jones III case is at C4 now with a scheduled brief on August 3. That is the Maryland specific case on Shall Issue. This would be a perfect opportunity for C4 to declare the Maryland statute on "may issue" as unconstitutional.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    What I find interesting is that the MGA leadership is talking about doing something...next year. Meaning they are going to let New York and California take the legal thrashing, then see what's left over.
    There won't be much left over lol

6-Pack

NRA Life Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 17, 2013
    Carroll Co.
    An interesting response would be “I just want to get a permit because you have to issue me one - I don’t actually intend on carrying a handgun.”

There’s no requirement that you have to drive after you get your driver’s license.

Lalez

BANNED!!!
    Feb 27, 2019
    Russia
    You will be asked for details during the interview.
    Easy….”9mm pistol sir”….I forgot you guys have to register your guns though…ouch.

That reciprocity will be fun when it hits, however if it doesn’t hit soonish….

I want to apply….but it’s no business of the MSP what pistol(s) I would be carrying the few times a year I visit your state. Same for any out of state resident, I mean will Maryland ask us to register our pistols to get a MD permit….they couldn’t be serious
    /s

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    Easy….”9mm pistol sir”….I forgot you guys have to register your guns though…ouch.

I want to apply….but it’s no business of the MSP what pistol(s) I would be carrying the few times a year I visit your state. Same for any out of state resident, I mean will Maryland ask us to register our pistols to get a MD permit….they couldn’t be serious
    /s
    There is no requirement to register a pistol when you apply for a carry permit in MD.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    I think it got buried in this thread, because no one is talking about it.

According to the governor's spokesman, Frosh told MSP that G&S was not enforceable on 6/30.

If this is true, MSP has been dragging their feet for almost a week! Not processing applications submitted without G&S after the AG says G&S is not needed is the definition of denial of civil rights.

My app was accepted on 6/30

Just an FYI

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010

/s
    Making up rules that aren’t currently on the Maryland law books… you couldn’t be serious.

Mrlexed88

Amateur Race Car Driver
    Nov 28, 2016
    Harford
    I haven’t log into the portal for a few years now and forgot my password. However it won’t allow me to reset and keep getting an error. Is the website still down/slowish?

Training is booked at Guntry in two weeks, actually excited for the class haha.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    It is going to be interesting to see if the MSP will still be doing interviews, given the onslaught of applications......

How can they possibly meet the 90 day requirement for issuance given their current staffing levels? I know they are hiring admins to process apps, but a sworn trooper must conduct interviews as I understand it

Allen65

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 29, 2013
    Anne Arundel County
    How can they possibly meet the 90 day requirement for issuance given their current staffing levels? I know they are hiring admins to process apps, but a sworn trooper must conduct interviews as I understand it

They might start dropping parts of the process that aren't required by statute, to keep up with the workload. IIRC neither interviews, nor calling references, are required by law, they're policy. G&S was never defined in Public Safety Article 5-306. The standard for what constitutes G&S is whatever the AG and MSP decide it is. They could have decided a long time ago that general defensive carry was the G&S standard. They unwisely chose not to, and now a court will tell them what it means.

Last edited:

BurkeM

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2014
    Baltimore
    Stupid question I’m sure: So, can my wife or son apply for a CC permit using a gun registered in my name, or do they have to use a gun registered in their own name? They will, of course, have to have a HQL.
    AFTER they get the HGP, they can request the HQL and it's issued- for free.

Once one has a permit, anyone can carry any handgun, doesn't matter to whom it is "registered."

BurkeM

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2014
    Baltimore
    ... a sworn trooper must conduct interviews as I understand it
    No such requirement exists. Many of the Administrative Investigators are civilians, some (if you saw the recent announcement) are contractors. Many of my past students have reported being interviewed by retired cops or civilians who were never LE. The investigators merely need to follow their scripts and complete a brief report to the record.

After the interviews are done, there's probably a trooper or sworn supervisor doing the final review.

thomfantomas

Crna Ovca
    Feb 15, 2013
    Дундак ex Florida Keys
    I haven’t log into the portal for a few years now and forgot my password. However it won’t allow me to reset and keep getting an error. Is the website still down/slowish?

Training is booked at Guntry in two weeks, actually excited for the class haha.
    Keep trying man,it took me a dozen times!

I finally managed to change mine around 12:20am

Kharn

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2008
    Hazzard County

They've been paying retired troopers to conduct the interviews and investigations.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom