• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mike OTDP

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2008
    What I find interesting is that the MGA leadership is talking about doing something...next year. Meaning they are going to let New York and California take the legal thrashing, then see what's left over.

MJD438

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2012
    Somewhere in MD
    Keep in mind - calling a Special Session has consequences. They (legiscritters) cannot fund raise while in session...this close to an election, that is more than likely a non-palatable option for most, if not all, of them (R and D, alike).

SigMatt

Ultimate Member
    Mar 17, 2007
    Shores of the Bay, MD
    I wonder how many permit holders there will be at the end of the year and if the Legislature will be shocked by the number of people that have them.

I took my renewal class 2 Saturdays ago. They said that in Maryland there are about 25,000 permits. Virginia has about 800,000 and Pennsylvania 1.2 million.

What’s the amount that MD will have at the end of 2022?
    My guess is between 100,000 and 150,000. A number they are not going to want to advertise. I think this initial round, once we are sure W&C permits are being issued within the statutory limits and without "good and substantial reason" to all qualified applicants that the floodgates will open only limited by available training. That's going to be the barrier. Even if 5000 people per week were getting training across the state along with those training exempt, they could only get around 100K people trained by end of year. That doesn't include processing time.

I would like to see closer to 250,000 permits issued but I'm not sure there are enough resources to process even the flood we will get let alone the dam fully breaking. Remember what happened in 2013 with all of the processing issues the MSP had with about-to-be banned regulated long guns? I think that is about to happen again.

Matt

CanDoEZ

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 23, 2008
    SoMD
    Remembering the first MSI meeting I went to in 2009... The "open holster" rallies... the testimonies... I'm going to savor the moment when my card comes in the mail.

Uncle Duke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 2, 2013
    Not Far Enough from the City
    They have the stats, which are really easy to assemble in real time. But why would they deny it?

Odd how all the stats that seem to (rarely) support them are readily available, but those that might not help them either haven't been kept, are not assembled, aren't readily available, are out of date, or some other B.S. excuse. In this day and age, that's a total crock of sh*t. Who do they think they're kidding defrauding? They brazenly fake a legislative record to support baseless legislation.

Those public records and statistics belong to us, not them. It's time to pry them out of their lying hands.

Past time! WAY past time.

Any politician who looks at today's miserable realities, and then chooses to position themselves squarely in opposition to their own constituent's self defense? They're not an opposing viewpoint. They're not someone with whom to engage in an annual intellectually honest debate. They're an enemy. Nothing less.

Feed them chit. We don't owe them a damn thing.

Allen65

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 29, 2013
    Anne Arundel County
    Keep in mind - calling a Special Session has consequences. They (legiscritters) cannot fund raise while in session...this close to an election, that is more than likely a non-palatable option for most, if not all, of them (R and D, alike).
    That may be why one hasn't been announced yet. For most of the Ds the real threat to their seats is in the primary, so maybe we'll see movement on one after it's over.

And even though candidate's campaigns can't raise money while the MDGA is in session, PACS are under no such limits, so the finance issue may not hold back the MDGA hyenas from feasting on our rights in a special session for long.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    Sir, are you suggesting that the call to public service through political office is beholden to moneyed interests?

scottyfz6

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2018
    So I can lend them my gun to conceal carry?
    In maryland I would be very careful about that. When or if they asked to see the gun and permit and the gun comes back to you not them, It would not surprise me if they tried to hit you with an illegal transfer. Remember even transfers in family need paperwork these days.

edit quote from msp website
    Voluntary Registration/Gifts to immediate family members are free. However, see the HQL page for any relevant fees to obtain a Handgun Qualification License, as it may be applicable.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    I’m sure he’d have been quite proud.

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    Absolutely. I’ll reword a little, in 6 months we’ll be asking what brand and which gauge knitting is best.

Actually, my understanding is that the knitting world went Full Retard Woke several years ago, and everybody started fighting with and abusing everyone else on Critical Race Theory/Social Justice grounds. Apparently the knitting forums became extremely toxic.

In six months we'll be getting ready for a huge fight in the MGA.

The more new permits issued between now and then, the stronger our case can be, and the bigger our class action lawsuits.

scottyfz6

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2018
    ...only limited by available training. That's going to be the barrier. ...

Matt
    I signed up for the classes to be able to teach the ccw class today, probably be all good to go somewhere around end of sept to beginning of oct. I have access to a range and will keep the prices as low as possible, ideally around 100 bucks. I am not doing it to make money.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom