• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    What we need is the courts to say "self-defense" is a good and substantial reason, so no governor can take it away from us again!
    We don't need any court to say that, because that's still propping up the excuse that need a good and substantial reason. You don't. You have a natural right to defend yourself, and the second amendment says that the government can't infringe on your right to keep and bear arms in the interests of doing so.

But in the sense that you mean what you said, THE court did just say that. The big one. The Supreme Court. We now have a crystal clear ruling with lots of detailed frosting on top that will require lower courts to finally align cases related to states like Maryland with the constitution.

BurkeM

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2014
    Baltimore
    We don't need any court to say that, because that's still propping up the excuse that need a good and substantial reason. You don't. You have a natural right to defend yourself, and the second amendment says that the government can't infringe on your right to keep and bear arms in the interests of doing so.

But in the sense that you mean what you said, THE court did just say that. The big one. The Supreme Court. We now have a crystal clear ruling with lots of detailed frosting on top that will require lower courts to finally align cases related to states like Maryland with the constitution.
    Correct. Justice Thomas wrote that it is unconstitutional to ASK for a reason for an enumerated right.

The very question as to "why?" is unconstitutional. Forthwith.

Dingo222

Nov 6, 2019
    Licensing portal just went down for an hour for “emergency maintenance.” I wonder what that entails? Was in the process of uploading my passport photo

Slackdaddy

My pronouns: Iva/Bigun
    Jan 1, 2019
    What the hell is Frosch gonna do in 6 months when all the new W&C holders are not running up and down the street and shooting everything in sight ???

woodline

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2017
    I’m going to apply as a nonresident when I have time to get the fingerprints done.

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA

I agree with you

An incoming Democrat gubernatorial candidate has already promised to repeal "self-defense" as a good and substantial reason.

While the getting is good: let's put the last nail in this coffin, so some anti constitution politicians cant make us fight against our own tax money again.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Cute article.

I especially liked these:

State Senate President Bill Ferguson and Baltimore City Mayor Brandon Scott, both Democrats, spoke at a news conference Tuesday morning pledging to keep constituents safe following the suspension of the law
    “We knew that there was likely going to be a challenge to the law and we are going to comply, that is what we do here in Maryland ... but we’re going to do whatever it takes to make sure people feel safe,” said Ferguson.
    Gun safety advocates said Hogan was reacting too quickly in response to the Supreme Court ruling and should have waited on advice from Attorney General Brian Frosh, a Democrat.
    “Governor Hogan’s hasty reaction ... without waiting for the Attorney General’s analysis to be complete will result in increased gun violence,” wrote Karen Herren, the Legislative Director at Marylanders to Prevent Gun Violence, to The Baltimore Banner.

Lalez

BANNED!!!
    Feb 27, 2019
    Russia
    According to the Baltimore Banner article posted today...

"The agency currently has 39,797 active applications for permits as of July 1."

Need to pump those numbers up.

So answer me this, I know a lot of instructors down here in Central FL. How can one of them teach me this 16 hour curriculum so I can apply as a non/resident? How do they get cert by MSP for this ridiculousness?

ken792

Ultimate Member
    Sep 2, 2011
    Fairfax, VA
    Need to pump those numbers up.

So answer me this, I know a lot of instructors down here in Central FL. How can one of them teach me this 16 hour curriculum so I can apply as a non/resident? How do they get cert by MSP for this ridiculousness?
    They need to become an MD QHI.

You could become one too by taking an NRA pistol instructor course, which is also 16hrs.

spoon059

Ultimate Member
    Jun 1, 2018
    What the hell is Frosch gonna do in 6 months when all the new W&C holders are not running up and down the street and shooting everything in sight ???
    I'm sure that one or two will make a poor judgement decision. Perhaps one will commit a domestic related shooting that had nothing to do with a concealed carry. Or maybe a CCW will shoot someone without legal cause (maybe to defend property or something...).

Guarantee you that they will trot that out as the EXACT reason they were against it and introduce emergency legislation to repeal it.

Sent from my SM-N970U1 using Tapatalk

BrianS

Apr 26, 2010
    What happens if the crime rate goes down as more CCW permits are issued. How will they spin that one?

Darkemp

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 18, 2009
    Marylandistan
    All of this is all the more reason for responsible behavior while carrying and following the laws closely as in place. All it will take is one bad actor to shine a negative light on us all. Our collective goal should be to keep it boring for the media and the left.

TheOriginalMexicanBob

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2017
    Sun City West, AZ
    What happens if the crime rate goes down as more CCW permits are issued. How will they spin that one?

The question is "what happens when the crime rate goes down as more CCW permits are issued"?

In jurisdictions where citizens carrying concealed firearm are trusted by their government, the crime rates are generally lower and when overall violent crime rates go down those jurisdictions see faster declines. While not foolproof, the FBI Uniform Crime Reports reflect that.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009

Merely increase the opiate flow thru the Port of Baltimore. More streetcorner pharmacists, more competition, more bodies. It will keep the courts and lawyers gainfully employed.

Lalez

BANNED!!!
    Feb 27, 2019
    Russia
    I'm sure that one or two will make a poor judgement decision. Perhaps one will commit a domestic related shooting that had nothing to do with a concealed carry. Or maybe a CCW will shoot someone without legal cause (maybe to defend property or something...).

Guarantee you that they will trot that out as the EXACT reason they were against it and introduce emergency legislation to repeal it.

Sent from my SM-N970U1 using Tapatalk
    Doubt it.

Again, Florida has issued 5 million permits. I’ve lived here for 12 years and in that time I have only heard of one “bad shoot” by a permit holder, and that one was questionable on a stand your ground level

On the other hand I know of two instances where a Florida permit holder saved a police officers life. In 2017 in Lee County, FL a FL Highway Patrol officer was literally getting beaten to death on the side of the interstate by a felon he had pulled over, a few passerby’s stopped to help and one, a FL permit holder…pulled his pistol and shot the guy, saving the officers life. If I recall correctly he was awarded some honors/medals, and of course was not arrested. Here is the story about it:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom