• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Norton , i always assume they are watching and other ABC units, just my own thoughts. I have seen nobody that fills that form. I can tell you there is a uptick in new & old faces popping up. I should have been more clear in my post
    No worries. I thought that was what you meant, but likewise thought I might have missed something.

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Is that even on the form? Now that there are no employer "sponsored" permits why would that even come up? I think you will be fine.
    Dunno. Right now I was going off of what others here were saying. I haven't had the bandwidth to even look at things.

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    Is that even on the form? Now that there are no employer "sponsored" permits why would that even come up? I think you will be fine.
    As of last week.. yes . Asked for employment info.. supervisor name etc

Or At least the pdf I've downloaded on how to apply instructions.

E.Shell

Ultimate Member
    Feb 5, 2007
    Mid-Merlind
    As of last week.. yes . Asked for employment info.. supervisor name etc

Or At least the pdf I've downloaded on how to apply instructions.
    Yes, still there.

It is there to provide another layer of intimidation. Many people work in environments that are not 2A friendly and would prefer their employer mind his own business.

Same with the personal references. Intimidation value only, either you have a criminal record and/or have been adjudicated as mentally ill, or you have not. Subjective references are, or should be irrelevant.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    So any excuse for him NOT doing this years ago is out the window.
    How could he have done this years ago? Pretty sure you are complaining whenever Biden does not follow the letter of the law. Well, Hogan has to follow the letter of the law and G&S was law in Maryland and not unconstitutional until SCOTUS ruled on it in Bruen. Make no mistake, if it was not for the Trump appointments and people not rushing off half cocked running to SCOTUS before the time was right, the ruling could have been 5-4 in favor of G&S being Constitutional. Would you have liked for Hogan to have done this years ago BEFORE the Trump SCOTUS appointments and then have Frosh run to that SCOTUS for an opinion on this matter?

This is a long game at this point, for which some just do not have the patience.

Md. Code Public Safety 3-506

(a) Subject to subsection (c) of this section, the Secretary shall issue a permit within a reasonable time to a person who the Secretary finds:

(1) is an adult;
    (2)(i) has not been convicted of a felony or of a misdemeanor for which a sentence of imprisonment for more than 1 year has been imposed;  or
    (ii) if convicted of a crime described in item (i) of this item, has been pardoned or has been granted relief under 18 U.S.C. § 925(c) ;
    (3) has not been convicted of a crime involving the possession, use, or distribution of a controlled dangerous substance;
    (4) is not presently an alcoholic, addict, or habitual user of a controlled dangerous substance unless the habitual use of the controlled dangerous substance is under legitimate medical direction;
    (5) except as provided in subsection (b) of this section, has successfully completed prior to application and each renewal, a firearms training course approved by the Secretary that includes:
    (i) 1. for an initial application, a minimum of 16 hours of instruction by a qualified handgun instructor;  or
    2. for a renewal application, 8 hours of instruction by a qualified handgun instructor;
    (ii) classroom instruction on:
    1. State firearm law;
    2. home firearm safety;  and
    3. handgun mechanisms and operation;  and
    (iii) a firearms qualification component that demonstrates the applicant's proficiency and use of the firearm;  and
    (6) based on an investigation:
    (i) has not exhibited a propensity for violence or instability that may reasonably render the person's possession of a handgun a danger to the person or to another;  and
    (ii) has good and substantial reason to wear, carry, or transport a handgun, such as a finding that the permit is necessary as a reasonable precaution against apprehended danger.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    How could he have done this years ago? Pretty sure you are complaining whenever Biden does not follow the letter of the law. Well, Hogan has to follow the letter of the law and G&S was law in Maryland and not unconstitutional until SCOTUS ruled on it in Bruen. Make no mistake, if it was not for the Trump appointments and people not rushing off half cocked running to SCOTUS before the time was right, the ruling could have been 5-4 in favor of G&S being Constitutional. Would you have liked for Hogan to have done this years ago BEFORE the Trump SCOTUS appointments and then have Frosh run to that SCOTUS for an opinion on this matter?

This is a long game at this point, for which some just do not have the patience.

Md. Code Public Safety 3-506

(a) Subject to subsection (c) of this section, the Secretary shall issue a permit within a reasonable time to a person who the Secretary finds:

(1) is an adult;
    (2)(i) has not been convicted of a felony or of a misdemeanor for which a sentence of imprisonment for more than 1 year has been imposed;  or
    (ii) if convicted of a crime described in item (i) of this item, has been pardoned or has been granted relief under 18 U.S.C. § 925(c) ;
    (3) has not been convicted of a crime involving the possession, use, or distribution of a controlled dangerous substance;
    (4) is not presently an alcoholic, addict, or habitual user of a controlled dangerous substance unless the habitual use of the controlled dangerous substance is under legitimate medical direction;
    (5) except as provided in subsection (b) of this section, has successfully completed prior to application and each renewal, a firearms training course approved by the Secretary that includes:
    (i) 1. for an initial application, a minimum of 16 hours of instruction by a qualified handgun instructor;  or
    2. for a renewal application, 8 hours of instruction by a qualified handgun instructor;
    (ii) classroom instruction on:
    1. State firearm law;
    2. home firearm safety;  and
    3. handgun mechanisms and operation;  and
    (iii) a firearms qualification component that demonstrates the applicant's proficiency and use of the firearm;  and
    (6) based on an investigation:
    (i) has not exhibited a propensity for violence or instability that may reasonably render the person's possession of a handgun a danger to the person or to another;  and
    (ii) has good and substantial reason to wear, carry, or transport a handgun, such as a finding that the permit is necessary as a reasonable precaution against apprehended danger.
    Fat Larry could have declared self defense was G&S.

River02

One Ping Only...
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 19, 2015
    Mid-Maryland
    For the record, in my W&C application passport photo, I am wearing my Moms Demand Action shirt.

Priceless-
    giphy.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Raineman

On the 3rd box
    Dec 27, 2008
    Eldersburg
    Reciprocity is the next largest issue now.
    Wrong. Training expense, references, and interviews are next.
    If Hogan can direct the MDSP to ignore G&S, he can also direct them to make the process more efficient so that a)apps can be processed in the 90 days; b)ensure the process is "objective" per Bruen. i.e. remove employer and references, which is irrelevant to the process.
    This ^^
    Annapolis “No the entire city”
    Per Bruen, no can do.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Well he’s not getting elected so no problem

Ask Mr Stupid how many of those killings were done by permit holders

That’s what I thought. Another pandering moron

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

krucam

Ultimate Member
    Isn’t this edict no different than a POTUS Executive Order? G&S is still in Statute, so the Edict could be undone with a hostile Governor down the Road.
    That paragraph of 3-506 will still need to be struck down by the CA4 in Call before I’d feel good for the long term. Until then, I’m very happy for all of you..

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom