• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JPG

Ultimate Member
    Aug 5, 2012
    Calvert County
    It will be interesting to see what the various police departments tell their officers about more people being out with CCW licenses.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    There’s some irony. Being self employed was a way to tackle the G&S, and now it’s still the way to be able to say “I AM the employer” on the form. Sorry for all y’all that still have that part of it to contend with. Hopefully that’s on the litigation chopping block before the decade is out.

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Unfortunately I think that will take additional lawsuits.
    I agree. Just frustrated that it leaves me on sidelines because no way is my employer getting this deep into my personal affairs.

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    Now, will they do away with the part about contacting your employers?

That's an infringement akin to sharing your voter information.

Having my employer contacted would have consequences for my job.
    Good question.. also.. how many did got the call if you apply for self defense.. not because of job..

camo556

Ultimate Member
    Aug 29, 2021
    If Hogan can direct the MDSP to ignore G&S, he can also direct them to make the process more efficient so that a)apps can be processed in the 90 days; b)ensure the process is "objective" per Bruen. i.e. remove employer and references, which is irrelevant to the process.

scottyfz6

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2018
    I'm expecting him to come out swinging.. there's no way he doesn't throw a temper tantrum
    There was already probably a very angry phone call. The gov probably spoke to his lawyer, and told frosh there is no way to win this. I would have loved to listen in on the phone call, Frosh screaming you cant do this and hogan going yes I can and just did. But doubtful hogan liked it much either. Hogan was probably told he would be sued under the 198something laws and it would effect him personally.

Applehd

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 26, 2012
    So how do we get any restrictions to carry removed? lets say if it was tied to job>
    Restrictions no longer apply. Permits with restrictions will be treated as unrestricted until renewal... that is... unless you want to give the State more money to have it removed.

SmokeEaterPilot

Jun 3, 2011
    Now we wait for MD to enact ridiculous "sensitive areas" like NY just did.
    Here’s what I expect….

Annapolis “Baltimore is considered a sensitive area.”

Everyone “you mean government buildings and schools in Baltimore city?”

Annapolis “No the entire city”

johnkn

Ultimate Member
    Feb 27, 2012
    So how do we get any restrictions to carry removed? lets say if it was tied to job
    Restrictions no longer apply. Permits with restrictions will be treated as unrestricted until renewal... that is... unless you want to give the State more money to have it removed.
    I for one would rather invest the $10 to have the restriction wording removed from my current permit and remove all doubt now and in the future..

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    There was already probably a very angry phone call. The gov probably spoke to his lawyer, and told frosh there is no way to win this. I would have loved to listen in on the phone call, Frosh screaming you cant do this and hogan going yes I can and just did. But doubtful hogan liked it much either. Hogan was probably told he would be sued under the 198something laws and it would effect him personally.
    For all we know, Hogan offered to take the heat for frosh and the state dems so frosh wouldn't have to do it himself. F^ck hogan.

Fox123

Ultimate Member
    May 21, 2012
    Rosedale, MD
    Hogan is too much a coward to have taken that phone call.

Applehd

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 26, 2012
    Been watching the member/guest count since Bruen... if you look south, you will see smoke... that's coming from the servers in TexKev's bedroom... :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom