• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lalez

BANNED!!!
    Feb 27, 2019
    Russia
    Wrong. Training expense, references, and interviews are next.

This ^^

Per Bruen, no can do.
    Umm reciprocity addresses that. If they allow me as a FL resident to carry in MD with my FL permit, which basically requires no training….than how can they make you take a 16 hour class?

Jake4U

Now with 67% more FJB
    Sep 1, 2018
    hmmm… some entrepreneurial chap could offer the MD class in the SouthEast that would be great. Say like in Jacksonville, FL for example, nice location to the GA and NC/SC people interested. Just sucks no reciprocity yet, but I feel it’s coming, probably through court order.
    Hmmm ... I'm moving to South Carolina ...

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    A new Gov doing this would be seeing a motion for injunctive relief before the ink was dry.

I'm guessing it was suspended rather than eliminated is the need for the term to be removed from the statute

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Umm reciprocity addresses that. If they allow me as a FL resident to carry in MD with my FL permit, which basically requires no training….than how can they make you take a 16 hour class?

Because each state can set training standards for its residents. That’s why AG in each state are tasked with looking at other states requirements before granting reciprocity

That’s why the term “similar
    to” is in so many reciprocity agreements

That’s one of the complaints about National reciprocity. Some states have no training requirements at all

The 14a should not require training. It should be a goal not a requirement

Last edited:

PO2012

Oct 24, 2013
    View attachment 371638
    Franchot says he will reverse said order from Hog-man
    Franchot is posturing. May issue and No issue permitting are DOA just like de jure racial segregation.

By the time a new Governor is sworn in there will be many thousands of new unrestricted W&C licenses issued. We're not going back. If MD tries, the federal judiciary will intercede. Governor Hogan has just declared that G&S is in violation of the 2nd and 14th amendments as stated in Bruen. Hogan, as many have noted, is no friend of ours and is not noted for his courage. He would not be doing this unless he felt he had no choice.

Any new Governor who tries to reactivate G&S would be putting himself in a very bad legal position. Several states have the death penalty on the books for child rape. Kennedy v Louisiana struck those statutes down, for better or worse. You don't see prosecutors seeking execution in those cases or Governors signing death warrants. Same thing here. The laws remain on the books but they are of no force or effect.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Norton you of all people should be relishing this day

And thank you sir is in order

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    Here's a photo I got of Hogan a few weeks ago while he was schmoozing at the OC Air Show. You know, he's got some really big shoes to fill. Look at those things!
    DSC7046.jpg

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    For what it's worth, the new text on the MSP web site specifically says that citing "personal protection" does NOT require the presentation of any uploaded supporting documents. I'm sure they're tired of burning up server storage space with endless copies of Bruen.
    Until someone here gets approved without it, screw them.

Glaron

Camp pureblood 13R
    BANNED!!!
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 20, 2013
    Virginia
    Just an educated guess, but I will go out on a limb and say that they wont be. Much like DC, there will be more restrictions put in place to make it harder to carry "everywhere" in Maryland. But at least now you can with no worries driving around.
    I want to expand on this a bit. If you have carry in another state you can cross into Maryland with a gun. You just have to leave it in the car?

ICW2019

Mar 8, 2012
    Eastern Shore
    i posted a question elsewhere but how strict is the 72hr timeline for the fingerprints? I have mine being done at the MVA on Thursday and will not complete my 16hr class until Sunday. Which means mid afternoon Sunday would be 72 hours.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LikeThatHendrix

Latest threads

Top Bottom