• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wabbit

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2010
    I came back last week to the US and drove a rental car to Arlington. After leaving Arlington, I drove on I-66 west to get to I-495, but then remembered the afternoon rush hour requires 3 or more people, or a transponder to pay to drive on I-66 during the rush hour times. It was 3:30 PM so I thought it was before the start of the toll hours, but I took the first freeway exit to be safe. I got home and looked up the times for I-66 toll east of I-495, and it turns out the toll hours start at 3:00 PM.

I saw and passed under an overhead gantry with a bunch of cameras right before I took the off ramp, so I'm assuming they took a picture of the car. Does anyone know how good those cameras are at catching people and sending them a ticket? I only drove from the on-ramp to the next off-ramp and I didn't see any signs saying what hours the toll starts and ends. The rental car didn't have a transponder and I was driving alone, so I'm really a menace to society by accidentally driving in the HOV lane when I shouldn't.

jmiller320

Ultimate Member
    Aug 7, 2008
    Havre de Grace
    If they caught you they will send the ticket to the rental car company and sometime in the future you will get a bill from the rental car company.

Pale Ryder

Ultimate Member
    Jan 12, 2009
    Millersville
    It may take a couple months for the rental company to actually bill you. Happened to me with a rental in Seattle, took so long I questioned it when it did show up on my CC, forgot about the tolls for crossing a bridge there.

wabbit

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2010
    Welcome home wabbit. Here's a gratituous HOV fine to thank you for your service.:sad20:
    Yeah, the freeways here suck. Arlington even worse, it swallows. When my R&R is over, I'm going back to the middle east and I'm going to hit 100 mph outside Abu Dhabi, just for the heck of it. And I don't have to pay toll. :mad:

Feb 28, 2013
    Yeah, the freeways here suck. Arlington even worse, it swallows. When my R&R is over, I'm going back to the middle east and I'm going to hit 100 mph outside Abu Dhabi, just for the heck of it. And I don't have to pay toll. :mad:
    Ever been to NYC?

wabbit

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2010
    I went to see New York city about 6 years ago and spent 3 days there. That place also suck.

spur0701

Dec 31, 2009
    I got a parking ticket in a government car in Norfolk once and three years later they caught up with me thru GSA......and yes, I paid it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom