• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • silver78

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 18, 2009
    What about this? Link below but since the link will die off over time the link is to a Remington 541-T for $900.

http://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/vbclassified.php?do=ad&id=68795

Here is the description:

Very nice and very accurate rifle, scope not included, shipping to continental US only! This is a Brian Voelker Match Rifle. Work done includes:
    Threaded action and barrel
    Barrel slugged, cut and recrowned
    Match chamber
    Trigger job-1 and 1/2 lbs.
    Bedded stock & action

photoracer

Competition Shooter
    Oct 22, 2010
    West Virginia
    I hate to break it to you but IMHO 700 to 1000 is not going to buy you a new higher end rim fire target rifle.
    I own a Annie position single shot 54 my dad bought new in 68. It went through my brothr and myself, It has had a hard life and it shoots as well today as it did when it was new.
    I bought a new 40X 22 rf Remington about 15 yrs ago.
    Then I bought a Cooper 22 rf Montana Varminter for my son a few years ago.
    All three of them shoot very well.
    None of the rifles mentioned even come close to a Bleiker BR rifle and a Bleiker would be no match for most of the custom one-off rifles that actually set world records. Heck I have a Remington 597 semi with about a $1k in it that does .5 MOA off a rest if I do my part. Could have done it with a 10/22 also. You just have to decide how much accuracy you want and how much you are willing to pay.

JoeRinMD

Rifleman
    Jul 18, 2008
    AA County
    ...You just have to decide how much accuracy you want and how much you are willing to pay.

That holds true in so many different hobbies. The old hot-rodders' saying was "speed costs money. How fast do you want to go?"

If you want to eke out that last fraction of a percent of accuracy, it will cost you a ton of money. And that's exactly the game of benchrest shooting. In a demonstration of that paradigm, I remember reading years ago that when the Air Force was working the design requirements for the F-15 Eagle, they decided to increase the maximum speed of the fighter from Mach 2.3 to Mach 2.5, which resulted in a doubling of the cost per aircraft.

JoeR

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    None of the rifles mentioned even come close to a Bleiker BR rifle and a Bleiker would be no match for most of the custom one-off rifles that actually set world records. Heck I have a Remington 597 semi with about a $1k in it that does .5 MOA off a rest if I do my part. Could have done it with a 10/22 also. You just have to decide how much accuracy you want and how much you are willing to pay.

Most people will never shoot that well, me for sure. But you can get .5" or less groups at 50 yds with a $400-$500 CZ or $700 BRNO model 4. You'd have to dump another 1k min in a 10/22 to do that. At a certain point it is all in the shooter. I have a 54 action Annie but I can't shoot up to it's potential.
    BTW-I highly recommend hanging out on rimfirecentral.com for this kind of info. Next to 10/22. CZ is the busiest forum there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wolfloc22

Latest threads

Top Bottom