High(er) Quality AR15 LPKs Go the way of Hen's Teeth?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mpollan1

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 26, 2012
    Мэриленд
    Back in '13 I purchased some lowers and uppers from Engage. Been mulling what to do with them build wise for well 7 years. Last night sat with my BIL and assembled an 80% lower he milled with an Anderson LPK. It went well:party29:

Wellllll, it got me motivated to look into building my first AR. Off I go searching MDS for recommended/quality LPKs and the likes of CMMG, Daniel Defense, Aero, BCM, Geissele, Brownells and Spikes came back. Cool, let me price 'em. Huh? Out of stock?

Obviously there is no resource like ammoseek for LPKs so anybody know who has a quality LPK in stock?

Sorry for the novelette,

Mark

CanDoEZ

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 23, 2008
    SoMD
    Back in '13 I purchased some lowers and uppers from Engage. Been mulling what to do with them build wise for well 7 years. Last night sat with my BIL and assembled an 80% lower he milled with an Anderson LPK. It went well:party29:

Wellllll, it got me motivated to look into building my first AR. Off I go searching MDS for recommended/quality LPKs and the likes of CMMG, Daniel Defense, Aero, BCM, Geissele, Brownells and Spikes came back. Cool, let me price 'em. Huh? Out of stock?

Obviously there is no resource like ammoseek for LPKs so anybody know who has a quality LPK in stock?

Sorry for the novelette,

Mark
    https://www.joeboboutfitters.com/AR-15-LPKs-Trigger-Parts-s/254.htm

SkiPatrolDude

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 24, 2017
    Timonium-Lutherville
    SOLGW makes a really nice one. I got a couple from Fightmaster Firearms last week. Looks like they're still in stock too.

https://www.fightmasterfirearms.com/SONS-OF-LIBERTY-BLASTER-STARTER-KIT-LPK_p_1136.html

Great find! Was about to settle for an Anderson or Aero LPK. Got the SOLGW LPK and an ALG defense trigger for under $100 out the door.

FWIW I’ve never had any issues with Anderson, Aero, or PSA LPK’s. But my sample size is only one or several of each.

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA

Sorry for the novelette,

Mark

Gundeals, can usually find CMMG or Aero somewhere, looks like primaryarms currently has both

shadow116

2nd Class Citizen
    Feb 28, 2008
    Emmitsburg
    "Cassette Triggers are for paper punchers at best. They are not dependable."

Book of AR Savior Clandestine, Chapter 1:15

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Get a drop in trigger. Saves time and most are adjustable.
    I've never really understood the time savings. You pop out a couple pins, pull your FCG, and then pop a new one in. Maybe I've done it too many times, but I could probably do it in my sleep at this point. The Hiperfire triggers are slightly more annoying due to the spring setup, but they're also the best in the business.

If I were building a new AR at this point, I'd get the detents and springs, maybe the takedown/pivot pins, and then buy the rest of the parts myself.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I've never really understood the time savings. You pop out a couple pins, pull your FCG, and then pop a new one in. Maybe I've done it too many times, but I could probably do it in my sleep at this point. The Hiperfire triggers are slightly more annoying due to the spring setup, but they're also the best in the business.

If I were building a new AR at this point, I'd get the detents and springs, maybe the takedown/pivot pins, and then buy the rest of the parts myself.
    I did this for a while until I discovered Strike Inds. enhanced lower parts kit minus trigger. Can't go wrong with them.
    (already posted a link in this thread)

vgplayer

Ultimate Member
    Jan 17, 2013
    King George, VA
    If anyone cares I got my White Label Armory LPK Assembler's Special - Phosphate.
    Here is the packaging. The bolt catch and safety have the S stamp for Schmid Tool.

Attachments

• lpk-small.jpg
      lpk-small.jpg
      74.3 KB · Views: 359

SkiPatrolDude

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 24, 2017
    Timonium-Lutherville
    If anyone cares I got my White Label Armory LPK Assembler's Special - Phosphate.
    Here is the packaging. The bolt catch and safety have the S stamp for Schmid Tool.

I wondered what the S stamp meant. Thank you for the info.

My ALG QMS trigger as well as my stock mil-spec Daniel Defense trigger both have the S stamp markings.

KIBarrister

Opinionated Libertarian
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 10, 2013
    Kent Island/Centreville
    Primaryarms
    OpticsPlanet
    Joeboboutfitters

When all else fails, DuckDuckGo

And when that fails, Gunbroker (and get the Vaseline ready because the price will be gouging)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Easydoesit

Latest threads

Top Bottom