• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Los

Jan 13, 2013
    Eastern Shore of Maryland
    Yes.

Some internet retailers may not allow the transaction as your credit card will be in MD (if you use a credit card).

Palmetto State Armory had an Easter sale on 10 paks of 30 round AR mags. Hope to retrieve them in a week or two. :thumbsup:

To be clear, there is no law being broken when you 1) use the Internet in MD and order some 30 round mags to a friend's house in, say, DE; and 2) then pick them up in DE, at a later date?

I've been driving to DE to place the orders. If this is true, it will save me some gas.

Los

Jan 13, 2013
    To be clear, there is no law being broken when you 1) use the Internet in MD and order some 30 round mags to a friend's house in, say, DE; and 2) then pick them up in DE, at a later date?

I've been driving to DE to place the orders. If this is true, it will save me some gas.

OK, while Im not an attorney, I did read a bunch more threads and the consensus seems to be that it is totally fine to order 30 round magazines for delivery out of state, even if you are physically in MD at the time of ordering, so long as you personally go out of state to pick them up.

K.C.Dean

Ultimate Member
    Mar 1, 2013
    Buds Creek
    30 rnd mags are the max. How you obtain them is your business. If it was me I would not buy mag cases and or parts that when assembled would be over 20 rnds in Md.

Los

Jan 13, 2013
    K.C. I am definitely not an expert. That said, where does it say that "30 rnd mags are the max?" If that is indeed the law, i.e. you are not allowed to posses magazines > 30 rounds, then I will need to dispose of some magazines. The last thing I want to do is to unintentionally be breaking the law.

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    K.C. I am definitely not an expert. That said, where does it say that "30 rnd mags are the max?" If that is indeed the law, i.e. you are not allowed to posses magazines > 30 rounds, then I will need to dispose of some magazines. The last thing I want to do is to unintentionally be breaking the law.

It isn't law, you can own a million round drum if you can afford it.

As long as you buy or assemble it out of state ;)

K.C.Dean

Ultimate Member
    Mar 1, 2013
    Buds Creek
    I was told that the max was 30 rnds back in 2003. Apparently I'm wrong. I have researched it and should have researched prior to making the statement. I stand corrected. I apologize for the misinformation!

Los

Jan 13, 2013
    No worries. That's actually a big part of the value of this board -at least to me. There's tons of things I misunderstood before coming here.

Separate question: is there a quantity of magazines that would no longer be considered
    for personal use? I mean, if I go out and buy 1,000 30 rounder magazines and bring them into MD, could anyone question it based on the assumption that they are for sale, even when that's not the case?

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    No worries. That's actually a big part of the value of this board -at least to me. There's tons of things I misunderstood before coming here.

Separate question: is there a quantity of magazines that would no longer be considered
    for personal use? I mean, if I go out and buy 1,000 30 rounder magazines and bring them into MD, could anyone question it based on the assumption that they are for sale, even when that's not the case?

The state would have to prove you bought them inside the MD border to convict you.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Or that you sold them within MD.

If you bought them, and someone did come looking, then if you still had all of them, it is obvious you did not sell them.

But buying 1000 mags and bringing them in, if LEO hears about it, it is likely they will come visiting.

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    Or that you sold them within MD.

If you bought them, and someone did come looking, then if you still had all of them, it is obvious you did not sell them.

But buying 1000 mags and bringing them in, if LEO hears about it, it is likely they will come visiting.

On what grounds?

Probable cause is not because one followed the law.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ObsidianCC

Latest threads

Top Bottom