• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SWO Daddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 18, 2011
    I understand what you're saying. It was an old photo, so I decided to take a new photo, and upload it to my computer. I was then able to use a website to crop the photo to 2 x 2 and add a white background.

Glad that worked for you. I hope you get your permit soon.

Phoenix_1295

Creature of Life and Fire
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 6, 2010
    MD
    I've been placed on "Hold" twice all because my photos were rejected. The MSP Licensing Divison requires that "PHOTOGRAPHS MUST BE 2"X2" HEAD AND SHOULDER PASSPORT TYPE WITH A WHITE BACKGROUND, FULL FACE, NO HAT, NO DARK GLASSES." The only hurdle that I can't get through is the white background. In both of the photos that I submitted, they meet everything except the white background. I don't have a white wall at my current residence. What should I do?

You do know that the decision to shoot or not will be tougher than figuring out how/where to get a white background surface? :shrug:

Garet Jax

Not ignored by gamer_jim
    MDS Supporter
    May 5, 2011
    Bel Air
    el or sheet. You could go to Walgreens in Easton and they will do passport photos f

Hang a sheet on the wall or buy a piece of white tagboard

I find that hanging a sheet or towel creates shadowing in the picture.

Turn a box spring (with a mattress cover or similar) on its side against a wall and have a very bright light point at you from behind the camera. This should give you a nice white background with no shadowing.

sclag22

Jan 9, 2013
    Fred Co.
    I don't have any white walls in my house, so I took a picture on a tan wall and made the background white in Photoshop.

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    Oh! That would suck.
    Count the number of days between 8/4 and your acceptance date multiply by 3 and that will be the number of days before your approval then add a week for when you will get your permit in hand.

Put wish in one hand and the above calculation in the other and let us know which one is closer to what actually happens.

cyberalex

MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2022
    Federalsburg, Maryland
    Count the number of days between 8/4 and your acceptance date multiply by 3 and that will be the number of days before your approval then add a week for when you will get your permit in hand.

Put wish in one hand and the above calculation in the other and let us know which one is closer to what actually happens.
    Woooow! That's a long time, if true. I'll let everyone know what happens.

gungate

NRA Patron Member
    Apr 5, 2012
    Damascus. MD
    Wow it's hard to believe that even after several submissions they still won't accept the non-white background! You'd think they'd learn by now right? I say keep submitting on an other-than-white background until they relent.

Harrys

Short Round
    Jul 12, 2014
    SOMD
    I used this after taking a photo with as plan a background as I could (indoor white door). Photo looks perfect to my eyes.
    Note that I use NoAd ad blocker, so if there are annoying ads or pop-ups, I didn't get them.

Yup anothe face recognition app that can be used for nefarious reasons.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom