• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tatuued1

Lover of Sigs/GearWhore
    Jun 25, 2012
    Annapolis
    Other than aesthetics, any real impact on gun quality by putting hex screws in grips? Just ordered some G-10's for my P226 Mk25 and went ahead and got hex screws (since I was paying the shipping anyway). So..... did I waste the loot?

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    No, just don't overtighten them. If you have the lock washers like the old 226 models did, tighten them until you feel a couple "clicks" of the lock washer biting into the metal then stop. A lot of screws now come with a rubber O-ring that does the same thing.

I just removed some hex head screws that were tightened WAYYYYYYYYY too much, so much so that the hardened steel allen wrench I was using to remove them stripped the centers out. Had to drill holes and break out the EZ-OUT to remove them. :sad20:

Many people like hex head screws because most people don't know how to properly use a screwdriver, or at least choose a screwdriver that fits the damn slot... therefore making it harder to bugger up the screw heads.

pop-gunner

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2008
    I don't use them and never will.
    It's nice to be able to tighten or remove a standard screw with something in my pocket.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wolfloc22

Latest threads

Top Bottom