• ...and so much more!
  • .22 Semi Auto chose one or list one

• Total voters

jr88

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 7, 2011
    Free?? State
    You really owe it to yourself to check out the Ruger 22/45 with a threaded barrel.
    It is reliable and has good accuracy, there are lots of aftermarket upgrades and
    it is a great value. Just sayin

Schwabe

Ultimate Member
    Nov 20, 2010
    Sho'a
    I am 45, I was in the same boat about the Mark IIs etc. Now that I have one it is the mpst fun .22 that I have. Has not failed to fire and cycle even on felt weak rounds.

Just try one.

badbubba

Feb 12, 2012
    Havre de Grace, MD.
    Just to add to this thread. I purchased the Smith & Wesson M&P 22 pistol a few weeks ago and love it. I have put about 500 rounds through it with one failure to eject. Great fun and cheap to shoot.

BlackBart

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 20, 2007
    Conewago, York Co. Pa.
    I am 45, I was in the same boat about the Mark IIs etc. Now that I have one it is the mpst fun .22 that I have. Has not failed to fire and cycle even on felt weak rounds.

Just try one.

Still doing my marathon with my Mk ll, now thousands of rounds without a cleaning....just oil it up. Not one misfire even with the crap Thunderbolts my 10/22 hates.

jeganrocks

Feb 5, 2012
    Howard County, MD
    The Ruger SR22PB seems to be a very good alternative to those that don't like the Mark III. I personally love my Mark III, shoots everything and I'm even getting good at its breakdown.

wreckdiver

Ultimate Member
    Nov 13, 2008
    Do you own a Glock? Since you don't like the Ruger MKII idea, if you own a Glock just get a Advantage Arms .22 conversion kit. Now you can even get one with a factory threaded barrel. I had mine threaded years ago by Aquila Precision and I use it with my Advanced Armament Pilot. It runs 100% with nasty Remmy Golden Bullet ammo.

Welcome to the forums and great first post lensman, I was looking at the Sig Sauer 22 LR Full Size because it converts to .45 but I also don't really care about it converting to and from different calibers if it was a dedicated .22 I'm ok with that as well. I want it to be reliable & a good host for a suppressor is my main concern I honestly just don't like the look of the Ruger MK(x) or .22 of similar styles and if I don't like the way a weapon looks I won't buy them (this is the reason I don't own a glock). I also had not really looked at the .22 1911's (don't know why) yet but I will search around and see if any of the above mentioned strike my interest. thanks for the input guys keep it coming.

ETA: I just looked at the GSG and I like it are they reliable with and without a suppressor?

Lol my post from 1st page

HT4

Dum spiro spero.
    Jan 24, 2012
    Bethesda
    Anything from Ruger, IMO.

EDIT - Any semi auto from Ruger... i.e., 22/45 or MKIII (assuming handguns only).

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davidbanner

Latest threads

Top Bottom