• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • OMCHamlin

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    May 17, 2017
    The Cumberland Plateau
    Thanks for the heads up! I'll be
    I'll check it out the store in Parksley next time I'm down that way. We drive down to Metompkin seafood for fish sandwiches now and then so that's not too much farther.
    OMG! We loved Metompkin Seafood! Even after JC and Ellen retired, it was still darn good, and that’s not usually true with a change in ownership, but seemed to be the case with them! Tennessee may have some place with good seafood, but we’ve not found it yet around here, we’ll keep looking. We miss Ocean Deli, too, great pizza and subs, was close to work (SCSC Wallops Island), great folk that work there, family.
    Great, now I’m hungry as heck!

LexiGold

Sep 1, 2022
    Eastern Shore
    OMG! We loved Metompkin Seafood! Even after JC and Ellen retired, it was still darn good, and that’s not usually true with a change in ownership, but seemed to be the case with them! Tennessee may have some place with good seafood, but we’ve not found it yet around here, we’ll keep looking. We miss Ocean Deli, too, great pizza and subs, was close to work (SCSC Wallops Island), great folk that work there, family.
    Great, now I’m hungry as heck!
    Now I'm hungry too! I told someone I know who lives in Salisbury that I drove down to Virginia for a fish sandwich and they looked at me like I was crazy and said "Thats a long way to go for a sandwich!" lol I guess some people just dont get it.

Good luck finding seafood in Tennessee. You may have better luck finding good BBQ out there. I lived in Ohio for a year and craved a cheesesteak so bad, every where I went would butcher them so bad, eventually I had to learn to make them myself bread and everything!

OMCHamlin

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    May 17, 2017
    The Cumberland Plateau
    You may have better luck finding good BBQ out there. I lived in Ohio for a year and craved a cheesesteak so bad, every where I went would butcher them so bad, eventually I had to learn to make them myself bread and everything!
    Good BBQ has been fairly easy to find. Still, not as good as "Shore Beef & BarBQue" which went under during the Covid thing. It was a trailor set up just north of T's corner, or later out Chincoteague Rd, GOOD STUFF! We JUST finally found a good way to make cheese steaks, they were near PERFECT, so we've now got that covered!

Cal68

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 4, 2014
    Montgomery County
    Welcome to MDS from Montgomery Co MD. Like you, the rest of my family is very liberal and AFAIK, I am the only one who has a firearm. I have learned not to let their views bother me. As they say, you can choose a lot of things in life but you cannot choose your immediate family!

Cal68

LexiGold

Sep 1, 2022
    Eastern Shore
    Greetings from Baltimore Co. As a former eastern shore resident I still make the pilgrimage to DSC. Best outdoor range in MD. As a next gun I'd suggest a 22lr. I've shot more 22lr on private land than all other calibers combined.
    Thanks for the advice. Would you recommend something like the Ruger 10/22? Definitely seems like a cheaper way to get experience rather than 5.56.

LexiGold

Sep 1, 2022
    Eastern Shore
    Welcome to MDS from Montgomery Co MD. Like you, the rest of my family is very liberal and AFAIK, I am the only one who has a firearm. I have learned not to let their views bother me. As they say, you can choose a lot of things in life but you cannot choose your immediate family!

Cal68
    Thanks! Glad to be here. It's been difficult dealing with my family, especially the past couple of years. It seems like during that time a lot of the liberal folks went hard left and became full blown leftist commies and one side of my family got caught up in that. I very rarely see my them anymore and when I do I'm always disappointed by their insanity and need to control and be controlled.
    In general it feels like things are starting to change though and the "progressives" are being exposed for their hypocrisy. At least they keep things interesting- at times the past 2+ years has felt like watching 1984 come to life!

mac1_131

MSI Executive Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 31, 2009
    Wow quite an introduction. I read it all, thanks for writing it up. Welcome.

LexiGold

Sep 1, 2022
    Eastern Shore
    Wow quite an introduction. I read it all, thanks for writing it up. Welcome.
    Thanks for reading! I don't have much of a filter but at least I can be entertaining, for better or worse.
    Welcome from Easton Md. Good to see more people from the eastern shore joining. There are alot of good information to be learned here.
    Thank you! It's a great resource!
    Welcome...

Enjoy!
    Thank you!
    Welcome. RS is the real deal.
    Yes he is! I could listen to him talk about American history all day. If we had a few guys like him teaching US history in the school system the kids graduating probably wouldn't be so clueless.

LexiGold

Sep 1, 2022
    Eastern Shore

:wave:from Wicomico :wave:

Glock you say? Read around Glocktalk (https://www.glocktalk.com/forums/) and think about GSSF (Glock Sport Shooting Foundation https://gssf.pro/news/). GSSF has a fun match in DE, about 30 min from Salisbury once a year.

:wave:
    Thanks neighbor! I'll definitely spend some time on glocktalk. I don't know how I didn't come across that forum yet, so thanks for the link!
    And I'm sure I'll find my way to a GSSF match once I get bored of hitting bull's-eyes by myself :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom