• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gray Beard

MDS Supporter
    Feb 23, 2023
    Glen Burnie, MD
    Hi Gray Beard thanks ! Do you remember Barts Sporting Goods on rte 2 and Crain Hwy? I purchased my first bow from them mid 80's
    I sure do! I purchased a S&W .357 686 plus from them September 21st 2013. Just before the new anti 2A laws went into effect Oct 1st 2013. I wasn’t going to get a HQL in protest but gave in and got it 2015. I miss Barts, they were good to me and my wife. I started shooting Archery around 1979-80 also. I was a member of Anne Arundel Archers for several years but haven’t shot a bow in a long time. Welcome to MDS!

Roscoe1

MDS Supporter
    May 2, 2023
    E.Shore
    I sure do! I purchased a S&W .357 686 plus from them September 21st 2013. Just before the new anti 2A laws went into effect Oct 1st 2013. I wasn’t going to get a HQL in protest but gave in and got it 2015. I miss Barts, they were good to me and my wife. I started shooting Archery around 1979-80 also. I was a member of Anne Arundel Archers for several years but haven’t shot a bow in a long time. Welcome to MDS!
    I'm sure it was a familiar shop to locals there. I was young and dad drove me from Salisbury to Glen Burnie . They only ones that stocked the Darton compound I wanted. I still remember the guys name Mike. Think a son or nephew working there. Indeed good folks!

Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member
    I'm sure it was a familiar shop to locals there. I was young and dad drove me from Salisbury to Glen Burnie . They only ones that stocked the Darton compound I wanted. I still remember the guys name Mike. Think a son or nephew working there. Indeed good folks!
    Darton SL-50 and SL-1000 were popular bows back then.
    We did the same thing for a Darton bow.
    Saw a SL-1000 riser break in two at full draw at the indoor range in Catonsville one time when we went there.
    I bowshot my first buck in Snow Hill in about 1980
    Back off Nassawango rd. behind some old homestead.
    I had a browning Xccelerator that did the same thing to me at another time.
    Good times and deer hunting days back then.

Roscoe1

MDS Supporter
    May 2, 2023
    E.Shore
    Darton SL-50 and SL-1000 were popular bows back then.
    We did the same thing for a Darton bow.
    Saw a SL-1000 riser break in two at full draw at the indoor range in Catonsville one time when we went there.
    I bowshot my first buck in Snow Hill in about 1980
    Back off Nassawango rd. behind some old homestead.
    I had a browning Xccelerator that did the same thing to me at another time.
    Good times and deer hunting days back then.
    Doc,
    Amazing to see the evolution of archery. I purchased the Trail Master. Was a light bow 3.5lbs for it's day. I am not far from Nassawango Rd.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230530-193736~2.png
      Screenshot_20230530-193736~2.png
      378.7 KB · Views: 42

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads