• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Chat-Bot

Disinformation Governor
    Oct 17, 2020
    под скалой
    $34 and change on gunbuyer.com. I got one 15 and a 13 for $70 shipped...
    That's a decent price. They were hard to find at shows when the Hellcat first came out, especially FDE. What I don't like is the black plate with the 15 vs 13 round mags, but the 15 mag gives me a perfect fit.

HC5913F-1200x1200-1__57602.1655416899.jpg
    HC5915F-1-1200x1200__66262.1655416902.jpg

etc1006

Nov 19, 2014
    SW Balto County
    That's a decent price. They were hard to find at shows when the Hellcat first came out, especially FDE. What I don't like is the black plate with the 15 vs 13 round mags, but the 15 mag gives me a perfect fit.

HC5913F-1200x1200-1__57602.1655416899.jpg
    HC5915F-1-1200x1200__66262.1655416902.jpg
    I shopped for a bit too. Once I saw them back in stock I ordered them. They even called me a few minutes later to confirm the shipping address vs billing ;) . I carry the 13, as its the same size as the 10 with the pinky extension, just squared off. The 15 made the butt end print too much and would've required some fiddling with wedges/etc... I keep the 15 accessible and may even have a 10 somewhere at times too.

Vatreni4Life

Sep 24, 2021
    HoCo
    I am thinking about buying one. I've fondled, researched, shot and priced them. I can get an optics ready with 5 magazines for around $615 OTD.
    Hellcat owners with experience please chime in and let me know your experiences.
    I love my hellcat. Problem is I love my light(surefire xsc) and holsters are a beeotch to find. Maybe I’ll get another hellcat just so I can carry without the light. I hate having to take off the light/optic if I’m going to change holsters. I just want another excuse to get another hellcat! The fit, form, and performance does it for me. Others just don’t fit well in my hand. Anything imported/originated in Croatia is world class

After about 500 rounds the trigger gets better just like any other break in. I didn’t have the “range kit” with the extra mags when I got mine. I would jump on the deal!

Chat-Bot

Disinformation Governor
    Oct 17, 2020
    под скалой
    I love my hellcat. Problem is I love my light(surefire xsc) and holsters are a beeotch to find. Maybe I’ll get another hellcat just so I can carry without the light. I hate having to take off the light/optic if I’m going to change holsters. I just want another excuse to get another hellcat! The fit, form, and performance does it for me. Others just don’t fit well in my hand. Anything imported/originated in Croatia is world class

After about 500 rounds the trigger gets better just like any other break in. I didn’t have the “range kit” with the extra mags when I got mine. I would jump on the deal!
    I don't use a light with a civilian carry gun but noticed Crossbreed added a few lights to their Hellcat holster offering.

At least your front sight shouldn't be falling off anytime soon.

boss281

Ultimate Member
    Apr 14, 2012
    Carroll County
    Thanks everyone for the feedback!
    Did you ever buy one? I have a Hellcat Pro with nearly 1000 rounds through it and the trigger is still a hard gritty pull, and I can't get over the huge tritium/lumi front sight (it obscures targets inside 10 yards). I prefer fiber optic front/back.

It's my first sub compact though so perhaps the trade offs over my normal carry (a compact CZ P-01) are to be expected.

I will say it carries well IWB at 3-4 o'clock--don't notice it once in place. And shoots "good enough" for defensive work. If I train for defensive shooting it's fine. But I can't play with it for accuracy.

I've ordered a replacement trigger kit and Sentinel Swampfox red dot to see if my nitpicks can be resolved.

Kman

Blah, blah, blah
    Dec 23, 2010
    Eastern shore
    Ok. Bought one. Maybe 500 rounds. No issues feeding, firing, extracting or ejecting. It did take me some time to adjust two hand grip to bring hits up and right. The little thing is snappy but more accurate than I would have thought. Carries easily. Really like the large front sight. Trigger ain't bad...not as good as my PPS M2. I'm satisfied.

Vatreni4Life

Sep 24, 2021
    HoCo
    Did you ever buy one? I have a Hellcat Pro with nearly 1000 rounds through it and the trigger is still a hard gritty pull, and I can't get over the huge tritium/lumi front sight (it obscures targets inside 10 yards). I prefer fiber optic front/back.

It's my first sub compact though so perhaps the trade offs over my normal carry (a compact CZ P-01) are to be expected.

I will say it carries well IWB at 3-4 o'clock--don't notice it once in place. And shoots "good enough" for defensive work. If I train for defensive shooting it's fine. But I can't play with it for accuracy.

I've ordered a replacement trigger kit and Sentinel Swampfox red dot to see if my nitpicks can be resolved.
    Yes I did get one. See my previous post #26. I have the OG Hellcat and thinking about getting another one just for the dedicated optic and no mounted light. I haven’t handled the pro but I think it’s just too big for my body type. I’ll just have to see it and have a better idea of if it works for me or not.

Over time and various brands of ammo, the grittiness seems to go away. I don’t notice it as much. Maybe I’m used to the pistol and how it feels/controls in my hand. I have several Springfields and I love the front sight. It’s easier for me to pick up and in low light it’s really noticeable.

I’ll try more 3/4 o clock for carrying and see if it helps. I’m used to 12/1 but it definitely moves and doesn’t stay in place. I have a sticky holster but will look into what other members here suggested. MDS is really helpful because it saved me a lot of money not buying junk and learning from the pros here

Let me know how the trigger works out for you. I would be open to the purchase but want to invest my money in other builds I have going on.

DocPeanut

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 20, 2010
    Powder river precision has some really nice trigger kits for the hellcat, a bit pricy but really changes the game

boss281

Ultimate Member
    Apr 14, 2012
    Carroll County
    Yes I did get one. See my previous post #26. I have the OG Hellcat and thinking about getting another one just for the dedicated optic and no mounted light. I haven’t handled the pro but I think it’s just too big for my body type. I’ll just have to see it and have a better idea of if it works for me or not.

Over time and various brands of ammo, the grittiness seems to go away. I don’t notice it as much. Maybe I’m used to the pistol and how it feels/controls in my hand. I have several Springfields and I love the front sight. It’s easier for me to pick up and in low light it’s really noticeable.

I’ll try more 3/4 o clock for carrying and see if it helps. I’m used to 12/1 but it definitely moves and doesn’t stay in place. I have a sticky holster but will look into what other members here suggested. MDS is really helpful because it saved me a lot of money not buying junk and learning from the pros here

Let me know how the trigger works out for you. I would be open to the purchase but want to invest my money in other builds I have going on.
    Interesting. I've got a lot of rounds through mine and while I'm used to it, I still can't get over how large that front sight is at shorter shooting distances. It will be instructive to see if my perception of the gun changes once the red dot is on.

I use the Vedder LightTuck holster and Kore Essentials belt that I ride at 3-4 o'clock. It sits well there and doesn't print even with semi snug t'shirts (I'm 65, fit and lean, 165lbs, 5'10"). When I sit in the car I just slide the holster back ever so slightly and it "disappears". I can't carry appendix comfortably with anything I've got in the safe. The Pro is a great defensive carry pistol but I just don't have the fun I'm used to at the range if it's focused target practice. But it should be fine for practicing defensive drills going forward. The red dot arrives tomorrow and the trigger Monday. I'll let you know my thoughts on these.

Vatreni4Life

Sep 24, 2021
    HoCo
    Interesting. I've got a lot of rounds through mine and while I'm used to it, I still can't get over how large that front sight is at shorter shooting distances. It will be instructive to see if my perception of the gun changes once the red dot is on.

I use the Vedder LightTuck holster and Kore Essentials belt that I ride at 3-4 o'clock. It sits well there and doesn't print even with semi snug t'shirts (I'm 65, fit and lean, 165lbs, 5'10"). When I sit in the car I just slide the holster back ever so slightly and it "disappears". I can't carry appendix comfortably with anything I've got in the safe. The Pro is a great defensive carry pistol but I just don't have the fun I'm used to at the range if it's focused target practice. But it should be fine for practicing defensive drills going forward. The red dot arrives tomorrow and the trigger Monday. I'll let you know my thoughts on these.
    With open eye shooting, I actually enjoy the larger front post. It helps me to pick up my alignment quicker. I have yellow/green front sights on all my pistols so maybe I’m biased but I really pick it up quicker than a traditional 3 dot. It does take time to relearn your sight picture and mannerisms with the hellcat no doubt
    I haven’t messed with a red dot yet for this pistol but plan on swamp fox in the near future

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom