• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Feb 28, 2013
    so the way I look at it is if the barrel is not stamped or marketed as being a heavy barrel it's not compliant and that's 10 years if the police notice it.
    2 barrels from the same manufacturer can be the exact same in spec down to the T, if they didn't stamp it as heavy or state so on their website just don't buy it save yourself now so you don't have to waste 10 years later and yes it only applies to 5.56 and 223 barrels, if you get a 16+" 9mm barrel it can be a normal barrel
    That was put out as an advisory, which dont have the force of law

Boxcab

MSI EM
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 22, 2007
    AA County
    A set of metal stamps is cheap. Use them with a hammer to mark your own barrel. I do not know of a law that prevents you from doing so.

Amazon "B09SPYBWHY".

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Interestingly, Blackhole Weaponry got a "ruling" from Seargent Pickle regarding which of their barrel profiles the state of Maryland would consider to be HBAR.

STANDARD, SPR, NATIONAL MATCH, SEMIBULL, AND BULL.

What published guidelines did he use? The assholes still “know it when they see it”.

If you are going to make people criminals for something, at least have the courtesy to have very clear rules.

Growler215

Ultimate Member
    Dec 30, 2020
    SOMD
    What published guidelines did he use? The assholes still “know it when they see it”.

If you are going to make people criminals for something, at least have the courtesy to have very clear rules.
    I don’t know - that's why I found it somewhat interesting.

I'm positing that they (MSP) have guidelines but aren't willing to share them. Otherwise they run the risk of giving someone else a different answer the next time the question is asked.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air

I'm positing that they (MSP) have guidelines but aren't willing to share them. Otherwise they run the risk of giving someone else a different answer the next time the question is asked.
    It wouldn’t be the first time they have given different answers. You would think something that can impact you like in the way a gun charge can would be very clear. I’m asking rhetorical questions. There are no clear-cut guidelines. There is no practical difference between an HBAR and non-HBAR. It’s just a stupid f’ing “rule”.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009

But that is their SOP .

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009

Growler215

Ultimate Member
    Dec 30, 2020
    SOMD
    Cool !

Do they have anything in Writing with a Signature from Sgt Pickle , that they can share with us ? Either publicly , or with the purchase of a relevant bbl ?
    Don't know. I don't work for them, I only bought a custom barrel from them (a .264 lbc) and saw on their website their FAQ on Maryland: Heavy Barrel:

IN THE STATE OF MARYLAND, THE FOLLOWING PROFILES FROM BLACK HOLE WEAPONRY ARE CLASSIFIED AS HEAVY BARRELS: STANDARD, SPR, NATIONAL MATCH, SEMIBULL, AND BULL. THE M4 PROFILE DOES NOT MET THE REQUIREMENTS FOR THE HEAVY BARREL DESIGNATION. *INFORMATION RECIEVED FROM THE STATE OF MARYLAND LICENSING DIVISION, FIREARMS DEPARTMENT. SGT. PICKLE ON NOVEMBER 6, 2017.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom