• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • [Kev308]

MDS Supporter
    Jan 23, 2020
    Maryland
    Heart of Maryland Bowhunting 3D course in Marriotsville, anyone here been? I was thinking of joining for something cheap to do a couple times a month. ($50 a year plus one time $20 fee)
    Is the place worthwile?

I'm a member. Our 4-H club has practice there during our archery season. It's a nice facility, tucked in the trees for shade. Target butts are set up at varying distances. There is a large pavilion with picnic benches. Social shoots are held on Wednesday nights. 3-D shoots are monthly. There is a Wednesday evening shoot on May 25th. Website hasn't been updated to the new fee. It's gone up to $100 but the increase includes the fee for the monthly 3-D shoots.

[Kev308]

MDS Supporter
    Jan 23, 2020
    Maryland
    I'm a member. Our 4-H club has practice there during our archery season. It's a nice facility, tucked in the trees for shade. Target butts are set up at varying distances. There is a large pavilion with picnic benches. Social shoots are held on Wednesday nights. 3-D shoots are monthly. There is a Wednesday evening shoot on May 25th. Website hasn't been updated to the new fee. It's gone up to $100 but the increase includes the fee for the monthly 3-D shoots.
    How do the monthly 3-D shoots work? They just have the course set up for the day? Does it get busy like a golf course?

There is usually a work day before the shoot to set up. The course is laid out in a trail that winds thru the woods and is open all day for the shoot. It's hard to judge how crowded the shoots get because of covid. Pre covid there was a bigger turn out.

[Kev308]

MDS Supporter
    Jan 23, 2020
    Maryland
    There is usually a work day before the shoot to set up. The course is laid out in a trail that winds thru the woods and is open all day for the shoot. It's hard to judge how crowded the shoots get because of covid. Pre covid there was a bigger turn out.
    Appreciate the reply. I'll check it out. Maybe that'll be my Wednesday night activity instead of billiards.

NPLB Outdoors 3-D Shoot this weekend.
    a078a41402a00d6cb9a16b39c65e5d2f.jpg

Sent from my LM-Q730 using Tapatalk

Micktaco

May 2, 2009
    Walkersville
    Went on the 7th with a bud who is a member there. Best 3D course I've been to in MD hands down.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DAT - D66

Latest threads

Top Bottom