• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tomcat

Formerly Known As HITWTOM
    May 7, 2012
    St.Mary's County
    Got there about 0705 and had the range to myself for the next 2 1/2 hours.

IMG_20150502_070923_658.jpg

Brought my newest, .357 Desert Eagle.

IMG_20150502_073416_625.jpg
    IMG_20150502_072835_627.jpg
    IMG_20150502_073433_289.jpg

Wore my Hawaiian shirt in memory of Mooseman

IMG_20150502_073550_773.jpg

What all I shot today

Attachments

• IMG_20150502_081651_551.jpg
      IMG_20150502_081651_551.jpg
      134.7 KB · Views: 299

Tomcat

May 7, 2012
    St.Mary's County
    The only one who showed up was the ranger to check my permit. Very nice talking to him. Unfortunately he has to go to Baltimore to work tonight. I told him stay safe.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Got there about 0705 and had the range to myself for the next 2 1/2 hours.

Brought my newest, .357 Desert Eagle.

Wore my Hawaiian shirt in memory of Mooseman

What all I shot today

Great looking Desert Eagle (in both configurations). I'm sure Mooseman would approve.

How did it shoot? At what distances did you try? 357 Magnum is a staple of my ammo closet (have 5 firearms to shoot it with so far - but nothing quite as epic as a Desert Eagle).

Tomcat

May 7, 2012
    St.Mary's County
    My main objective was to get the M&P 10 dialed in with the new scope. Started at 25 yds then 50 and 100. Shot the DE at 25 and figured out the previous owner had shorter arms as it seemed to be shooting high for me. Fired a few at 50 and was on the paper is all I can say. Before I left I set a paper plate on a stand at 10 yards first 3 rounds were around the edge but last 3 were center. I'm happy until next time when I can spend more time with it.

dckhd247

Jul 23, 2014
    I was there last week after turkey hunting and there was no lock on the box for payment. Has that been corrected now?? There's no way I'm leaving money in there for someone else to steal.

Tomcat

May 7, 2012
    St.Mary's County
    I was there last week after turkey hunting and there was no lock on the box for payment. Has that been corrected now?? There's no way I'm leaving money in there for someone else to steal.

Look at the first picture in my 2nd post. The drop box is the large green pole next to the bulletin board.

dckhd247

Jul 23, 2014
    Yes, I know that is the drop box. But at the bottom where the envelopes would fall, there was no lock and the door could be opened by anyone. There was a bunch of spent brass in there.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    My main objective was to get the M&P 10 dialed in with the new scope. Started at 25 yds then 50 and 100. Shot the DE at 25 and figured out the previous owner had shorter arms as it seemed to be shooting high for me. Fired a few at 50 and was on the paper is all I can say. Before I left I set a paper plate on a stand at 10 yards first 3 rounds were around the edge but last 3 were center. I'm happy until next time when I can spend more time with it.

Thanks. I'll take the vicarious experience, even if limited. Imagine there was nice muzzle blast too ... :D

reccitron

MDS Supporter
    Jan 20, 2013

Are the targets pre-measured at those distances (25,50,100)? What all would I need to take? Just a stapler and targets? How much does it cost?

4570inMD

Western MD Hooligan #007
    Jan 26, 2011
    West Virginia
    Are the targets pre-measured at those distances (25,50,100)? What all would I need to take? Just a stapler and targets? How much does it cost?

Multiple movable target stands that you can set at whatever distance you want. We use cardboard with tie wraps and then staple our targets to the cardboard. $5 a day or $25 a year.

reccitron

MDS Supporter
    Jan 20, 2013

Went there yesterday evening and saw what your talking about. The pole is in multiple sections. If you look in the bottom one that doesn't have a lock you can look up and see that there is a lock inside for the upper part.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Noha

Latest threads

Top Bottom