• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LeadSled1

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 25, 2009
    MD
    Did a search and didn’t see this covered. Requires tracking devices imbedded in guns that report to the state.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    From one of the loons in Mo Co.

FA632A2C-76E5-4011-B679-96A9CB7FC919.jpeg

Deep Lurker

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 22, 2019
    The loco in MoCo is rapidly spreading statewide and Maryland is again in the news as a national laughing stock.

Even Baltimore is taking their marching orders from the hysterical hoplophobic legistraitors in MoCo.

Their current competition seems to be: how many of the Amendments enumerated in the Bill of Rights can you violate in a single bill?

Our good friends at TTAG are on also this story:

psucobra96

Ultimate Member
    Jun 20, 2011
    Ahh all aside from the violations of the constitution with this proposal, my favorite part is the fact that tech does not exist and is basically science fiction at this point.

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    Del Pam Queen forgot to include her historical analogs from the founding era for her firearm tracking bill.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Ahh all aside from the violations of the constitution with this proposal, my favorite part is the fact that tech does not exist and is basically science fiction at this point.
    I guess she is thinking of solder an air tag to the firing pin or something?

cantstop

Pentultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2012
    MD
    I could easily see the folks on NBC getting ahold of this idea of a tracking chip and repeating for weeks that "We have the technology to add this to guns and blah, blah blah..." It really doesn't matter whether it is possible or not. They will repeat this lie until folks believe it is true (because they heard it on the news).

jc1240

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 18, 2013
    Westminster, MD
    She apparently watches too much TV.

Edit: Isn't this what Obama/Holder tried with Fast&Furious or was that tracking just serial numbers?

Another edit: just finished viewing the video. It isn't (in Colion's opinion) to actually track them, but to make the prohibitively expensive.

Last edited:

Ponder_MD

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2020
    Maryland
    The technology absolutely exists, and it is tiny.

Currently, my wife employs these type of trackers on small, migrating birds. They're called MODIS trackers. The battery capacity is a couple of years depending on the polling interval. A national network of MODIS towers would need to be built but it's certainly possible. Do not put ANYTHING past your government.

MigraineMan

Ultimate Member
    Jun 9, 2011
    Frederick County

Poppycock. The technology to tag a bullet with the shooter's DNA has been around for decades. Here, I found a screen shot from a 1995 documentary film on the subject. Even has a user-authentication safety-device built-in, which is also demonstrated in the documentary film.

dredd_lawgiver_specs.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom