HB0824 (2023) - Public Safety - Regulated Firearms - Possession and Permits to Carry, Wear, and Transport a Handgun

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Higher fees, shorter renewal time - classic.

But at the end, they tried to sneak in:
    They now want MSP to report the race, age, and gender data on all submitted, approved, revoked, etc. permits…
    Race, age and gender are all part of the application form. It would be interesting to see the breakdown. I see it as more useful the us than to the GA; it will scare them to see the number of women and POC obtaining permits.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Higher fees, shorter renewal time - classic.

But at the end, they tried to sneak in:
    They now want MSP to report the race, age, and gender data on all submitted, approved, revoked, etc. permits…
    First, go to the introductions are and introduce yourself.
    Second, MSP already collect this information and track it, and have been for years and also includes occupation.

Tower43

USMC - 0311
    Jul 6, 2010
    Lusby, MD
    First, go to the introductions are and introduce yourself.
    Second, MSP already collect this information and track it, and have been for years and also includes occupation.
    Hell they STILL reject applications without an occupation

Brychan

Ultimate Member
    Apr 24, 2009
    Baltimore
    Hell they STILL reject applications without an occupation
    The form read to list all jobs in the last 5 years, since I have been retired longer than that I just skipped that section. There was no place to to put in retired or any other explanation.

Tower43

USMC - 0311
    Jul 6, 2010
    Lusby, MD
    The form read to list all jobs in the last 5 years, since I have been retired longer than that I just skipped that section. There was no place to to put in retired or any other explanation.
    That's a valid point I never thought of because I am far from retired. Been doing the same job for the last decade so I didnt have to put different things down; unlike the SF85/86 or the blue books when I was applying to LE lol

whiskey3

MDS Supporter
    Jul 27, 2022
    Solomons, MD
    15 years retired I left it blank as well, no issue.
    (I think my picture or birth date gave me away….)

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Voting session just finished up. Was voted out of committee 15-7, Del Conaway voted in the majority.

The good news is that it passed with an amendment to keep the renewal period to 3 years.

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    Still boning you for extra fees which the fiscal note says aren't required to fund the program

Damned money grab. They're just mad they missed out on the rush

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Still boning you for extra fees which the fiscal note says aren't required to fund the program

Damned money grab. They're just mad they missed out on the rush
    Good. More unconstitutional fees putting a permit out of reach of the citizens who are most at need of self defense. Bravo!!!!

More reason for a TRO.

Lafayette

Not that kind of doctor
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2021
    Maryland
    Among other travesties like unconstitutional fees, increasing the number and types of disqualifying convictions bothers me. If you’ve served your time, you should be rehabilitated and have the same civil rights as other citizens (assuming you don’t re-offend.)

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Among other travesties like unconstitutional fees, increasing the number and types of disqualifying convictions bothers me. If you’ve served your time, you should be rehabilitated and have the same civil rights as other citizens (assuming you don’t re-offend.)
    More court cases.

jc1240

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 18, 2013
    Westminster, MD
    I'm starting to think that irreconcilable differences in the nation might require a "two-state solution". Maybe not CW-2.0, but perhaps an amicable divorce. I wish we weren't living in a Kurt Schlichter novel, but it appears we are.
    As much as demonrats lie, cheat, and STEAL, you think they'll let half or even 1/4 of the country go without a fight?

Had to become law first... lots of steps remain before that possibility.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk
    I guess it is logical, but it would be nice if these things could be shot down long before someone gets jammed up, and taxpayer money wasted. But that fantasy can be placed on Shania's pillow that is on my bed.

Some Guy

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 26, 2017
    Voting session just finished up. Was voted out of committee 15-7, Del Conaway voted in the majority.

The good news is that it passed with an amendment to keep the renewal period to 3 years.
    Thanks for this update. Disappointing but not surprising. Looks like low-income people are going to be financially prohibited from exercising the right to self-defense outside the home. Nothing to see here, though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom