HB0824 (2023) - Public Safety - Regulated Firearms - Possession and Permits to Carry, Wear, and Transport a Handgun

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 308Scout

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 27, 2020
    Washington County
    Another bill regarding W&C permits was introduced in the MD house today. Text is not available yet (that I could find), but from an article on WTOP, this one is focused on ratcheting up disqualifiers, amongst other things. It also would double original application and renewal app fees.

ETA - TEXT AVAILABLE

Last edited:

MJD438

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2012
    Somewhere in MD
    Another bill regarding W&C permits was introduced in the MD house today. Text is not available yet (that I could find), but from an article on WTOP, this one is focused on ratcheting up disqualifiers, amongst other things. It also would double original application and renewal app fees.

Text will take anywhere from 4-36 hours from the time the bill is announced on the floor on First Reading.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Raineman

On the 3rd box
    Dec 27, 2008
    Eldersburg
    Let them keep pushing farther. Thomas will have a field day and we might end up being Constitutional Carry State #27.

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA

From the article:
    The legislation as drafted would prohibit possession of a regulated firearm by a person:
    • who is on supervised probation after being convicted of a crime punishable by imprisonment of 1 year or more;
    • who is convicted of driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
    • who has violated a protective order or is currently under an Extreme Risk Protective Order, a so-called “red flag” order;
    • who suffers from a “mental disorder” as defined by state law or has a history of violent behavior;
    • who has been involuntarily admitted for more than 30 consecutive days to a facility for treatment of a mental disorder.
    The legislation would not change the gun storage law that imposes a $1,000 fine on anyone who leaves a gun unsecured and either knows or should have known that a child could get access to the weapon.

Looks like Maryland will get sued trying to treat the 2A as a second class right.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    These critters just do not get the message do they? Does anyone have any warm tar?? I've got to fix my roof.
    You know they say the same about us.

Fortunately, we've finally got the Supremes on our side. Unfortunately, I'll probably be dead and gone before MD goes ConCarry, and by that time, the anti-gun indoctrination in the state will be thorough.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    I'm starting to think that irreconcilable differences in the nation might require a "two-state solution". Maybe not CW-2.0, but perhaps an amicable divorce. I wish we weren't living in a Kurt Schlichter novel, but it appears we are.
    Howzabout we combine DC with the core Communist counties, and make that the State of DC?Might as well give them Baltimore too. The rest of the state can go back to being the real Maryland.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    I'm starting to think that irreconcilable differences in the nation might require a "two-state solution". Maybe not CW-2.0, but perhaps an amicable divorce. I wish we weren't living in a Kurt Schlichter novel, but it appears we are.
    How does that work though? 2 out of 3 people in MD are democrats. Plenty of red states it’s 2 out of 3 are republicans. But it is still largely an urban vs rural divide with suburban numbers closer to parity most places.

Is it a West Berlin situation where the cities come their own nation and the rest of the land is its own and the cities get transit rights and people outside the cities get job rights in the cities?

Do we do it based on state political leanings right now and anyone who doesn’t want to stay in their new country has to leave with a buy-out offer?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Skarface

Latest threads

Top Bottom