• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Or both bills will die.
    I mean, I am sure hoping SB1 will still die. Plenty of time till Sine Die, but it also isn't THAT many days to go. Just need a small little change to what the house wants to see in it, and it become a Herculean task to get both houses to agree and voted out. It has of course happened, but it is much, much harder at the 11th hour.

Some Guy

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 26, 2017
    Anyone know how this one turned out? I looked at the Senate JPC site and the document says "HELD". Anyone know what this means? Here's the link:

Here's what it looks like in the document:

1680142217164.png

Some Guy

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 26, 2017
    Hearing was Held in the Delegation Side
    Do you know if this means if any voting was done, and if not will there be opportunities for a Judicial Proceedings Committee public hearing or anything like that? Sorry for the questions, first rodeo.

GTOGUNNER

IANAL, PATRIOT PICKET!!
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 16, 2010
    Carroll County!
    Do you know if this means if any voting was done, and if not will there be opportunities for a Judicial Proceedings Committee public hearing or anything like that? Sorry for the questions, first rodeo.

No Vote . This was an introduction by heir Waldstrikkker to the delegation. It included pubic testimony.
    Link. Begin around 1hour 38 min mark

Some Guy

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 26, 2017
    No Vote . This was an introduction by heir Waldstrikkker to the delegation. It included pubic testimony.
    Link. Begin around 1hour 38 min mark

Sorry man, but I think that link is for the SB-1 hearing that was held in the House Judiciary Committee yesterday.

I'm actually wondering about HB-824 and if/how it was discussed in the Senate Judicial Proceedings Committee yesterday. Any ideas?

esqappellate

President, MSI
    Feb 12, 2012
    I mean, I am sure hoping SB1 will still die. Plenty of time till Sine Die, but it also isn't THAT many days to go. Just need a small little change to what the house wants to see in it, and it become a Herculean task to get both houses to agree and voted out. It has of course happened, but it is much, much harder at the 11th hour.
    From your lips to God's ears.

esqappellate

President, MSI
    Feb 12, 2012
    So what's the process from here on out for SB 1?
    So, House Judiciary has to decide whether to vote aye or nay, or offer amendments and vote aye with amendments. It then goes to the floor of the House. The hearing made clear that at a min. Judiciary will amend SB1 with respect to at least two items, viz., the Section 4-203 problem and the LEOSA problem, both of which MSI outlined in its testimony (available on bill tracker at the MSI website). If so, then SB1 and the House version will have to be reconciled. Either chamber may yield to the other or they both refuse to yield, they can hold a conference and hammer it out.

Ap5fan

Sep 26, 2022
    Cockeysville
    I dont understand why Grammer or anyone who is anti SB1 didnt go after the lady from JHU and her stats. Why didnt anyone say does your stats show a difference between LEGAL guns and illegal guns or ? Almost seems like they were told not to.

Raineman

On the 3rd box
    Dec 27, 2008
    Eldersburg
    I dont understand why Grammer or anyone who is anti SB1 didnt go after the lady from JHU and her stats. Why didnt anyone say does your stats show a difference between LEGAL guns and illegal guns or ? Almost seems like they were told not to.
    THIS!^^

I was screaming at my computer screen at work while she was spewing that misleading information, begging Grammar to ask her, "How many of those were permit holders?", because the answer would have been ZERO. Very frustrating, and cannot believe Arikan or one of the other pro 2A Delegates didn't jump on that. It was a complete softball that our side could have hit out of the park.

JollyPedro

Aug 15, 2022
    St Mary's County
    So, House Judiciary has to decide whether to vote aye or nay, or offer amendments and vote aye with amendments. It then goes to the floor of the House. The hearing made clear that at a min. Judiciary will amend SB1 with respect to at least two items, viz., the Section 4-203 problem and the LEOSA problem, both of which MSI outlined in its testimony (available on bill tracker at the MSI website). If so, then SB1 and the House version will have to be reconciled. Either chamber may yield to the other or they both refuse to yield, they can hold a conference and hammer it out.
    Do they have enough time in this session, based on historical stats, to get this done in time?? just looking for your take/feel on it....

CrueChief

Cocker Dad/RIP Bella
    Apr 3, 2009
    Napolis-ish
    They let it go because they are not honest brokers, they are politicians they can't embarrass the other side or they won't get invited to the nice parties.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Do they have enough time in this session, based on historical stats, to get this done in time?? just looking for your take/feel on it....
    They have sufficient time. It’s a question of motivation or bloody mindedness.

The long gun transfer with LGQL as part of it failed with both sides refusing to yield and not hammering it out in conference, with one of them having a hearing about this late in the game too. And the next year it wasn’t finalized (without LGQL) and voted on by both houses and then hammered out until the last couple of days of the session if I am remembering right.

The firearm insecurity act was hammered out and approved on sine die? Wasn’t it?

Nobody is safe until the mallet comes down on sine die and they all go home till next January.

It sounds like they will get this one passed. Just a question of what gets offered for amendment and if they pass. The 4-203 and LEOSA amendments sound like they may be straight forward and have the support to pass. And it sounds like Waldy will choke down his feelings and support the changes. So if that is it, I’d see the Senate yielding and approve the House version.

It would be real nice if the house offers an amendment on carry at places with alcohol licenses for consumption on premise again, as well as clear and imminent danger exemption.

And man it would be amazing if SB1 open carry penalty for a license holder was only the 90 day penalty that SB1 has, not the default 4-203 3 year penalty as if you didn’t even have a license (I mean, if we are wishing, make it an administrative penalty like loss of your license for 6 months). Especially if we have to live with an open carry ban in perpetuity.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom