Have you ever been called out for carrying?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mr. B

Jul 9, 2019
    MD
    I've decided I'll make an attempt at concealing but won't care if anyone knows I'm carrying.

Choko

May 14, 2022
    Frederick
    I've had a few quick glances, but the most overt was when I carried my G19 at my 4 o'clock and my wife's aunt (who is kind of aloof and very anti2A) put her arm around me unexpectedly and her hand rested right on the handle of my gun. She grabbed it and shook it and asked, "What's THAT?"

I just answered "My keys", but before the words crossed my lips she was yammering on about something else and completely forgot about it. I just had to laugh.

First time I ever met the lady. I'll never forget it.

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    FB_IMG_1670371056647.jpg

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    My dad once admonished me: "Son! Cover your...self!" It was at a range, so neither of us were really worried about my printing. I think he was actually a little proud;)

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    My NJ g/f isn't fond of guns. The other night, when she was in town, we took a long walk in Towson at night. I said that I would have felt better if I were "accessorized." She said it was ok for me to carry around her so long as she didn't know about it. The camel's nose is under the tent. I mentioned to her that I reported a defect in my holster, and she was surprised I used one. I suppose she would have thought that I'd just shove it in a pocket. I told her about needed to cover up the trigger guard to avoid Glock Leg.

On a fashion note, she said she liked the look of my untucked plaid shirt. She didn't put 2+2 together on that one or the black t-shirts I wear now.
    When the camel's toe gets under you'll really be in business. :rolleyes:

Crazytrain

Certified Grump
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 8, 2007
    Sparks, MD
    Jeeze. Once, back in my twenties. I pulled up my shirt because...well...I don't remember. I'm sure there was a reason. Maybe comparing six packs or something stupid. Maybe not stupid. I miss my abs. You know, twenty something BS. Briefly forgot, until I had set the hand in motion, at which point it was too late to send an abort signal. Happily, it wasn't a big deal.

Since acquiring my W&C a couple months ago, I've been carrying pretty much daily. Not at work. But definitely at home as well as out and about. Wifey knew I was getting the permit, but I never told her I was actively carrying. If she's noticed, she hasn't told me. She's even rubbed against my sidearm a couple times. If she is just being quiet and respectfully letting me do my thing, that would be a first. I'll bring it up in a month or two if she doesn't.

Overboost44

6th gear
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 10, 2013
    Kent Island
    Been called out for not carrying by a cop in Wake Forest one time.
    He said, well I' ll hang around here till you boys get done and move on out of here.
    Your Yankees are not Damned Yankees until you decide to move in round here somewhere.
    Same thing happened to me in NC. Sheriff's Deputy (very nice looking female) asked me if I had protection as me and my son had a flat tire in the middle of the night. I sheepishly said "no", she said, "well lock yourself up in the car and I will be right back, there are a lot of transients coming through here".

Crosseye Dominant

Ultimate Member
    Sep 1, 2018
    1) Spend thousands on the latest micro macrame 9 and concealment underwear garter that doesn't print.

2) Walk around in 5.11 clothing with gun decals all over your water bottle, laptop, jeep, baby stroller, etc.

JoeyBimmer

Jul 22, 2020
    Eldersburg MD
    1) Spend thousands on the latest micro macrame 9 and concealment underwear garter that doesn't print.

2) Walk around in 5.11 clothing with gun decals all over your water bottle, laptop, jeep, baby stroller, etc

Taurus Gx C series exists. I carry a G2c I bought second hand for $200. Shoots not half bad. I carry in a muddy river tactical IWB soft leather rig that was $41 to my door. I need to buy a second 17rd mag for this gun, that will cost $36 + whatever shipping.

Jeeze. Once, back in my twenties. I pulled up my shirt because...well...I don't remember. I'm sure there was a reason. Maybe comparing six packs or something stupid. Maybe not stupid. I miss my abs. You know, twenty something BS. Briefly forgot, until I had set the hand in motion, at which point it was too late to send an abort signal. Happily, it wasn't a big deal.

Since acquiring my W&C a couple months ago, I've been carrying pretty much daily. Not at work. But definitely at home as well as out and about. Wifey knew I was getting the permit, but I never told her I was actively carrying. If she's noticed, she hasn't told me. She's even rubbed against my sidearm a couple times. If she is just being quiet and respectfully letting me do my thing, that would be a first. I'll bring it up in a month or two if she doesn't.

I didn't say anything to my wife, I just started carrying. I work in Moco so I don't care while at work, and I don't care at my son's daycare, and my older son's school, for obvious legal reason.

Everywhere else I am strapped. I go to leave my house and the freedom noise making machine slips on me. If I know I am going to be in and out I will simply have it on me in the house too.

I have an IWB rig for my work pants that I use in my car. At the house I will put my shirt behind the weapon and OC for some extra comfort of not having the holster directly on me. That is an all plastic rig.

I went out Thanksgiving Day to buy our food and strapped up to go to a swanky Martin's and my wife was busting my balls about encountering gang member there, to which I replied, 'better to have it and not need it, then need it and not have it"

Crosseye Dominant

Ultimate Member
    Sep 1, 2018
    Taurus Gx C series exists. I carry a G2c I bought second hand for $200. Shoots not half bad. I carry in a muddy river tactical IWB soft leather rig that was $41 to my door. I need to buy a second 17rd mag for this gun, that will cost $36 + whatever shipping.

I didn't say anything to my wife, I just started carrying. I work in Moco so I don't care while at work, and I don't care at my son's daycare, and my older son's school, for obvious legal reason.

Everywhere else I am strapped. I go to leave my house and the freedom noise making machine slips on me. If I know I am going to be in and out I will simply have it on me in the house too.

I have an IWB rig for my work pants that I use in my car. At the house I will put my shirt behind the weapon and OC for some extra comfort of not having the holster directly on me. That is an all plastic rig.

I went out Thanksgiving Day to buy our food and strapped up to go to a swanky Martin's and my wife was busting my balls about encountering gang member there, to which I replied, 'better to have it and not need it, then need it and not have it"
    At Martin"s MS-13 owns the cheese isle. Safer to just get cheez whiz in the cracker isle or score some kosher cheddar when you get the gefilte fish.

Crazytrain

Certified Grump
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 8, 2007
    Sparks, MD
    I came clean to the wife a few days ago. Two months or so of daily carry and she never noticed. That is a confidence booster.

We had a minor incursion on the homestead. Some ne're-do-wells climbed our dark, steep driveway to get in to both our cars and steel a few things. We had been lazy about locking the car doors because who would make their way up for petty stuff? Well...I now have approval for cameras. And the wife gave me absolutely no grief about carrying, which surprised me. Also, she wants a place to keep a gun in the living room where it is readily accessible but out of sight. I'm having a hard time reconciling the "don't you have enough guns? Maybe you should sell some" wife of a few months ago with this new permissive model I seem to have found myself with.

Enfield303

Feb 12, 2011
    Harford County
    About 15 years ago I was passing through Frederick around noon on my way back from assisting with a search warrant in Alleghany County. I was in plain clothes, probably scruffy from executing the warrant at what turned out to be the home of a hoarder. I stopped at a 7-11 to get a cold drink and didn't even think about having my Beretta in my hip. I got my drink, and as I approached the counter, the clerk put his hands in the air and said, in a very loud voice, "Oh, no charge, no charge." I thanked him for the soda and walked out. I was tired after an early morning start and the clerk's reaction didn't really register until I sat down in my car. I laughed for a couple of minutes and then went back in to apologize to the poor clerk in case he had called Frederick PD on me.

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    ...the clerk's reaction didn't really register until I sat down in my car. I laughed for a couple of minutes and then went back in to apologize to the poor clerk in case he had called Frederick PD on me.

If he really thought you were a desperate criminal, then seeing you come back into the store might have made him think that you had decided to eliminate the witnesses.

In that case, it might have been reasonable and prudent for him to meet your return with a drawn gun of his own.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom