Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    Just for the fun of it:

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Not annoyed, thanks for filling us in on the lacking training you attended (not blaming you), that appears to be the norm right now, instead of the oddity.
    At any rate, I hope I answered your question sufficiently. Fell free to ask away, don't be surprised if the "Was this not covered" question coms up again. A lot of us have been here for a while and have a wealth of knowledge between all of us, and take it for granted what should be taught in the various state required time spans.
    I wouldn't expect any instructor to cover this small nuance. Next thing you know, if one did "cover" this and it was somehow a wee bit "wrong", then it will draw the same amount of scrutiny. No need to cover small crap like this. Leave some adulting to the permit holder.

Not everyone has the pleasure of being the perfect instructor, but everyone has the pleasure of being the perfect non instructor critic.
    Now if the mandated training had mandated subjects with this included and someone didn't cover it, blast away.
    But this isn't missing a major thing like not mentioning GFZ's or something important.

Maybe the instructor did know this tid bit but didn't want to include it? That's his prerogative. Is that training "lacking"? YOU might think it's lacking. If someone told that to me, I would tell them in my fashion to go have take an aeronautical intercourse in a motivated pastry. I might think not mentioning proper footwear while carrying is "lacking".
    Bash the stupid stuff, but this isn't a HUGE oversight.

clarksvilleal

Jul 28, 2019
    Not annoyed, thanks for filling us in on the lacking training you attended (not blaming you), that appears to be the norm right now, instead of the oddity.
    At any rate, I hope I answered your question sufficiently. Fell free to ask away, don't be surprised if the "Was this not covered" question coms up again. A lot of us have been here for a while and have a wealth of knowledge between all of us, and take it for granted what should be taught in the various state required time spans.
    Yes, you and others did answer the question. Thank you and everyone else who was willing to try to help educate me. I try never to be afraid to ask what may sound to experienced folks like you a dumb question. Better that than getting into trouble down the line making a misstep, especially is a state like ours where the powers that be are not very friendly to us legal firearm owners.

Chaim

Aug 10, 2008
    Columbia
    Is there any requirement that I have both my HQL and HGP cards on my person whenever I am wearing, carrying or transporting my handguns (other than under the usual transport exceptions when the HGP is not needed)?

As others have mentioned, it is not needed, and I would argue that it is not wise to carry your HQL, especially if you have a designated collectors letter. I couldn't tell you how much money I would have saved just over the last 3 months if I didn't have that thing on me and had to go home to get it before I could buy a new gun :innocent0

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    As others have mentioned, it is not needed, and I would argue that it is not wise to carry your HQL, especially if you have a designated collectors letter. I couldn't tell you how much money I would have saved just over the last 3 months if I didn't have that thing on me and had to go home to get it before I could buy a new gun :innocent0
    So, you are saying you should not have a 77r(e) filled out in advance, just sitting on the server? LOL:lol2:

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    I guess that next tag light out stop could net a million fentanyl pills

Actually not far off .

Basic Drug Interdiction .

Accidentally on purpose routine vehicle stop for vehicle that just happens to ( be suspected of tranaporting CDS ) .

Various cases about Profiling and Probable Cause , and nuance must be used in articulating observations and establishing PC , but the basic concepta are classic .

rrrenyer071

MDS Supporter
    Sep 18, 2020
    University Park, MD
    Good news: I received the Notification of Approval letter and the HGP permit card from the MDSP today :).

Question: Is there any requirement that I have both my HQL and HGP cards on my person whenever I am wearing, carrying or transporting my handguns (other than under the usual transport exceptions when the HGP is not needed)?

I understand that an HQL is not required to possess a handgun that one already owned prior to 10/1/2013. But I'm guessing that if I purchased the handgun(s) that I'm carrying or transporting after that date (which applies to the only two handguns that I own), it probably would be wise to have the HQL card with me just to be safe, to prove that I had a legal right to own them. However, is it required by law that I have the HQL with me whenever I carry transport any handgun purchased after 10/1/2013?
    All you need to have on you when carrying is your permit. Happy New Year!

Yfctaylor

Mar 30, 2023
    Maryland
    Good news: I received the Notification of Approval letter and the HGP permit card from the MDSP today :).

Question: Is there any requirement that I have both my HQL and HGP cards on my person whenever I am wearing, carrying or transporting my handguns (other than under the usual transport exceptions when the HGP is not needed)?

I understand that an HQL is not required to possess a handgun that one already owned prior to 10/1/2013. But I'm guessing that if I purchased the handgun(s) that I'm carrying or transporting after that date (which applies to the only two handguns that I own), it probably would be wise to have the HQL card with me just to be safe, to prove that I had a legal right to own them. However, is it required by law that I have the HQL with me whenever I carry transport any handgun purchased after 10/1/2013?
    Did you do an in person interview?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom