• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Zaicran

MDS Supporter
    Sep 26, 2010
    Morganza, MD
    I have a holsun on my hellcat pro and just keep practicing. You should quickly figure out where to draw to to be able to line up. Holsun allows for cowitness.
    That is the direction I am heading.

Zaicran

MDS Supporter
    Sep 26, 2010
    Morganza, MD
    I would look hard at the PA/Holosun 507K ACSS Vulcan, it will sit low, and provide the "self correcting" large outer ring in the reticle.
    Not sure if it will 100% cowitness or "mostly" cowitness,, either way, I will be replacing my Shield SMSc with one.
    Thanks for this info

Zaicran

MDS Supporter
    Sep 26, 2010
    Morganza, MD

ground chuck

Rookie Jedi
    Sep 28, 2013
    Charm City County

Slackdaddy

My pronouns: Iva/Bigun
    Jan 1, 2019
    This plate work with the Hellcat Pro?

The Ch plate will allow you to mount the Holosun "K" series on the Hellcat without altering the 2 lugs on the optic cut out of the slide.
    BUT - you will loose co-witnessing,, the plate raises it up just enough to loose co-witness (from what I read).
    That said,, you could use the plate to "Test run" the Holosun on the Hellcat without altering the lugs,, then when you have decided you like/love the holosun,, remove the plate, alter the lugs and mount the Holosun directly,, and once again use those BEAUTIFUL Hellcat irons.

Zaicran

MDS Supporter
    Sep 26, 2010
    Morganza, MD
    The Ch plate will allow you to mount the Holosun "K" series on the Hellcat without altering the 2 lugs on the optic cut out of the slide.
    BUT - you will loose co-witnessing,, the plate raises it up just enough to loose co-witness (from what I read).
    That said,, you could use the plate to "Test run" the Holosun on the Hellcat without altering the lugs,, then when you have decided you like/love the holosun,, remove the plate, alter the lugs and mount the Holosun directly,, and once again use those BEAUTIFUL Hellcat irons.
    Thanks., when I get to the point of filing, I will probably reach out.

SkiPatrolDude

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 24, 2017
    Timonium-Lutherville
    I have a new Hellcat Pro with a Trijicon RMRcc optic.

This is my first handgun with optics and honestly, I'm not a fan. It is not my carry. (My carry is a Beretta PX4 Storm SC).

Is there some trick to lining that pistol up so I can see the red dot? I raise the pistol and then struggle to see the dot (brightness not an issue)...the dot just isn't there. Takes me a bit to actually see it. When I lower it and bring it back to same position, once again I am fighting to see the red dot again.

Any suggestions?

One word.

Training

Catch-10-22

Appleseed Shoot Boss
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 27, 2009
    PG County, MD
    @learjet - so you ground off the other pins to make that work without a plate? How hard was that?

Still looks much lower than my 507K on my Hellcat Pro. Need to find one of those EPS dots…

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

learjet

MDS Supporter
    Jul 4, 2007
    wow where did my post go???

Catch-10-22 i have a buddy with a mill, but i just used a cutting wheel and drememl took a few minutes. rear pins come down flush, fronts just need a bit of trimming. theres u youtube vid on it, ill post a link

my original post seems to have been deleted, dont know why…all i said was if cowittness is important to you, then lowest deck height avaialable red dot is the holosun eps carry. they are hard to find, but i picked mine up at the last frederick show. the hex wasp that came with my hellcat had a lower deck height, and blocked less of the irons then a 407/507 mounted without a plate. the new eps carry is shorter still

heres some pix of my hellcat/eps carry
    5FD4DC44-A531-4D81-9D18-D1285D167911.jpeg

704D05A3-6A20-4D64-B5DC-A387CEF010B8.jpeg

291FDCD9-79F6-4AE6-8FEB-4D3D3E80DE84.jpeg

Last edited:

Catch-10-22

Appleseed Shoot Boss
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 27, 2009
    PG County, MD
    Thanks! I am using a plate now and while I don’t have issues finding the dot (I have worked a ton on presentation) being able to use the irons as a back-up is my preference.

Zaicran

MDS Supporter
    Sep 26, 2010
    Morganza, MD
    I can stil co-witress. And I like it

Slackdaddy

Jan 1, 2019
    I can stil co-witress. And I like it
    did you get it all mounted up ?
    I finally got around to shooting my Hellcat today,,, compared to my CZ PCR Compact,, the Hellcat is snappy as heck,, I am going to need some professional one on one,, I was low and all over the place,, like 12" low at 15 yards.

Slackdaddy

Jan 1, 2019
    I was about to reference this .
    I watched that too,,, he came across "biased" to me,, or had a chip on his shoulder.
    I don't like the idea of adding complexity,, but bottom line is: it is either a red dot or "point shooting" for me,, my eyes are not seeing irons on a pistol.
    My pistols have sat "Unfired" for almost 15 years, reflex sights have changed that

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Less biased than red dot fanboys .

But of course , for the significantly Visually Challenged , it is totally different parameters . ( no snark intended )

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ESM07

Latest threads

Top Bottom