• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Machodoc

Old Guy
    Jun 27, 2012
    Just South of Chuck County
    At a gun show this past weekend a dealer was telling me that Mosin-Nagants won't be able to be imported anymore. He claimed that an NRA official told him that.

I asked if he was sure that he wasn't mixing that up with the recent Executive Action to Prohibit the Re-importation of US Military Firearms, and he insisted that it was a separate action, announced at about the same time.

I think he was confused, and that it was B.S. Has anyone heard anything of that sort that you can confirm? There's all sorts of misinformation in the rumor mill. Anyone got facts? I would think that there would have been a loud roar of disapproval if that had been the case. (PS .. the same guy was trying to sell Plain Jane Mosins for about $60 more than the going rate.)

Last edited:

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    You encountered P.T. Barnum hard at work. Rule #1 regarding gun laws. Never accept as fact what a gun shop employee tells you. I've heard enough incorrect nonsense from them over the years to fill an encyclopedia. Many are much less informed than their customers, with no disrespect towards IPs here who are painfully aware of MD and federal laws and regulations.

smokedog

Ultimate Member
    Sep 10, 2009
    Frederick Md
    At a gun show this past weekend a dealer was telling me that Mosin-Nagants won't be able to be imported anymore. He claimed that an NRA official told him that.

Sales tactic for his $60.00 more.

yellowsled

Retired C&R Addict
    Jun 22, 2009
    Palm Beach, Fl
    Sounds fishy to me too, but there still is a finite amout if them in storage so at some point they are gonna get expensive and then runout. Russia like to arm countries it supports so it would not surprise me if they have away mosins by the millions to 3rd world countries.

Machodoc

Old Guy
    Jun 27, 2012
    Just South of Chuck County
    Yeah, I was certainly aware of the possibility that he was attempting a "better grab one while you still can!" ploy--especially since his prices were jacked up. But, to be honest, I didn't get the idea that he was intentionally trying to BS me. What I thought was that the NRA guy who supposedly told him that was either confused, or he was trying to tell him about the non-importation of US military weapons EA, and the dealer misunderstood. I was just wondering if there was anything else floating around out there, other than rumors, that I hadn't heard about.

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    On a similar note, I've lost track of how many people have tried to tell me that AR-10 rifles are banned on 10/1, including gun shop employees. I stopped trying to correct/educate them. Waste of time when constantly countered with responses like "nah ah".

tsmith1499

Poor C&R Collector
    Jan 10, 2012
    Southern Mount Airy, Md.
    I heard a gun store employee tell a customer that the "r" in 7.62x54r stood for rimfire. I almost lost it. Then told the gentleman the correct answer and showed him with a 91/30 bolt.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Noha

Latest threads

Top Bottom