Sunday 9 a.m. - 4 p.m.

Admission
    Adults: $12.00
    Children 12 and under FREE with adult

Saturday admission is good for Sunday with stamp

Free parking

Event page:

https://www.cegunshows.com/harrisburg-gun-show.html

Link to $1 off admission coupon can be found on event page.

Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    So, what's the general consensus on this show?

Last one was weak, but there were 4 shows that weekend, one of them just East of Harrisburg.

Previous one was good.

ted76

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 20, 2013
    Frederick
    In the past 10 years I think that the York show has been at least 10 times better that the Harrisburg show, and that the Gettysburg show is at least twice as good. you could drive a car down the aisles of the last Harrisburg show and not hit anything they were so wide and so few attendees.
    The Harrisburg show is a shadow of what it was back in the late 80's and early 90's when I first went started going there.
    I plan on going to the Howard County show this weekend and support a Maryland show.

Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    the Gettysburg show is at least twice as good. you could drive a car down the aisles of the last Harrisburg show and not hit anything they were so wide and so few attendees.

As I pointed out in my earlier post, there were 4 shows that weekend, one just East of Harrisburg less than an hours' drive away, and 2 in Maryland. That is a lot of competition for vendors and attendees.

The previous Harrisburg show was approximately the same size as Gettysburg shows usually are.

The Harrisburg show is a shadow of what it was back in the late 80's and early 90's when I first went started going there.

I agree with that. When I started going it was larger than York. Now it's usually less than 1/2 the size of York. Not as small as 1/10, but definitely smaller.

Most of the time it's about the size of Gettysburg, but you will see different vendors that you don't see in Gettysburg or MD shows.

ted76

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 20, 2013
    Frederick
    As I pointed out in my earlier post, there were 4 shows that weekend, one just East of Harrisburg less than an hours' drive away, and 2 in Maryland. That is a lot of competition for vendors and attendees.

The previous Harrisburg show was approximately the same size as Gettysburg shows usually are.

I agree with that. When I started going it was larger than York. Now it's usually less than 1/2 the size of York. Not as small as 1/10, but definitely smaller.

Most of the time it's about the size of Gettysburg, but you will see different vendors that you don't see in Gettysburg or MD shows.
    My view is a bit biased, as I am much more interested in C&R firearms, rather than modern firearms. York and Gettysburg shows seem to have a much bigger selection of those compared to Harrisburg.

Last edited:

308Scout

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 27, 2020
    Washington County
    I too am waiting for a report. Agree that the last few Harrisburg shows have been a bust but maybe this time with no other PA shows close by things will be different?
    I went to one last winter that was worth it, but i was looking for some standard capacity mags and mag man was there.

2701Jim

May 5, 2011
    Northern Baltimore County
    I went to one last winter that was worth it, but i was looking for some standard capacity mags and mag man was there.
    Any reports from today 12/10/22? I have been disappointed the last 2 trips to Harrisburg but maybe this time with no other shows close by it will be different? Any input will be appreciated. Thanks.

W.Coyote

MDS Supporter
    May 30, 2013
    Kingsville (Hazzard County)
    I'm here for any reports
    I went to the Harrisburg show on Saturday and was impressed. Decent crowd but I didn’t have to sidestep around mobs. Really wide aisles. Lots of standard mags and Ammo. Prices didn’t seem to be too extreme. Maybe I’m getting used to it but didn’t seem to be gouging too much. All in all, compared to Timonium and some of the small BelAir shows, I would say a win.

wreckdiver

Ultimate Member
    Nov 13, 2008
    I went on Saturday. Not like the super huge Harrisburg shows of the late 90’s and early 2000’s, but not as bad as the one last December. There was a little bit of everything. Plenty of ammo dealers. Saw a bunch of 9mm for sub $300 per 1K. It’s frustrating watching pa residents buy handguns and walk out the same day. One would think in MD the HQL would provide that luxury.

redsandman6

Dec 22, 2011
    Dundalk
    I went saturday around 1pm. It was a decent show imo. The york show is definitely bigger. But this is better than Timonium show. There were definitely alot of c&r stuff. Cheapest pmags were $12. I saw 2 boxes of small rifle primers for $100 each. I should have grabbed them. .223 ammo as low as $9 a box. 5.56 ammo for 40 cent per round. I got a couple of mags, powder for my 300 blackout loads, and couple of misc ar parts to complete some builds. I wanted an carry handle upper. One guy had an colt a2 upper and wanted $325 for it decided to pass on it i really want a c7 upper. If I wasn't in harrisburg already for work I would not have stopped in. $11 to get in and gas would have not been worth it for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom