• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TheOriginalMexicanBob

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2017
    Sun City West, AZ
    Harbor Freight does seem to making an attempt to upgrade their product line. I picked up a US General rolling tool box and it's every bit as nice and well built as my 35-year old Mac Tools rolling box. Their Icon line seems even better. Shop their sales and coupons and you can do well.

HF still has their cheap lines as well so due diligence is called for when buying anything...especially if you're looking for long term.

FN509Fan

Ultimate Member
    I worked construction for ~3 years, the boss went to HF for essentials, from tools to sandpaper. Most tools were obvious knockoffs that lasted about half as long as name brand tools. Sandpaper would last a fraction of the time of 3M paper, utility knife blades would cut two or three shingles and then break or be too dull to cut the next one.

I love visiting Horrible Freight - it smells just like China

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    I worked construction for ~3 years, the boss went to HF for essentials, from tools to sandpaper. Most tools were obvious knockoffs that lasted about half as long as name brand tools. Sandpaper would last a fraction of the time of 3M paper, utility knife blades would cut two or three shingles and then break or be too dull to cut the next one.
    Yup. But it often fits the bill for a one-off project.

possumman

Ultimate Member
    Jan 13, 2011
    Pikesville Md
    I used to tell the roofers--when you drop a Dewalt angle grinder and a HF angle grinder off a roof--and you will--they both break when they hit the ground--which would you rather replace--it's your $$

Batt816

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 1, 2018
    Eastern Shore
    I checked it out yesterday. Pretty nice, had some good deals. I did notice that a couple of Lowes longtime employees jumped ship to work there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom