• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • damifinowfish

Ultimate Member
    Dec 14, 2009
    Remulak
    I came across this on the internet and I thought I might share this with my fellow Maryland Shooters.

http://ccgovernment.carr.org/ccg/attorney/ordinance/default.asp

Although this is not the range I shoot at, we need to stand together to protect our public ranges.

We did an outstanding job filling the hearings in Annapolis with our membership now its time to do the same to protect the only public range in central Maryland.

Arcamm

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    From the little I've read on it so far, I think they want to eliminate the part about not bringing firearms in the dump, not Hap.

My wild guess is so that people can make their dump runs and then stop off at the range. :D

If it passes, I predict I will have the cleanest yard in mount airy.

JohnnyE

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 18, 2013
    MoCo

6-Pack

NRA Life Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 17, 2013
    Carroll Co.
    Hap Baker isn't going anywhere. The proposed ordinance, like the rest of Carroll's new ordinances, is pro-2A.

Dave MP

Retired USA
    Jun 13, 2010
    Farmland, PA
    My Take On This:
    No firearm of any type or hunting is permitted at a County facility any solid waste acceptance facility owned or operated by or on behalf of Carroll County.
    =
    No hunting is permitted at any solid waste acceptance facility owned or operated by or on behalf of Carroll County.

It does NOT prohibit any firearms.

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    Didn't Carroll pass English as official language? Didn't they also pass that they wont actively enforce some parts of HR218?

I'm not worried on where they stand on firearms.

Benanov

PM Bomber
    May 15, 2013
    Shrewsbury, PA
    From the little I've read on it so far, I think they want to eliminate the part about not bringing firearms in the dump, not Hap.

My wild guess is so that people can make their dump runs and then stop off at the range. :D

If it passes, I predict I will have the cleanest yard in mount airy.

Hap is from what I can seem to discern, located *inside* the facility. Yep, we have a public range in a place where firearms are prohibited. (Only in MD...)

Best to strike down the law rather than rely upon its continued non-enforcement.

Benanov

PM Bomber
    May 15, 2013
    Shrewsbury, PA
    To "accidentally" hit the squirrel in that situation and send a bullet over the berm, I would say "learn how to shoot your gun" because for it to be an "accident" the person would have had to be aiming at the actual target and missed by a mile.

Or the firearm is so inaccurate it should be classified as unsafe and sent for repairs immediately.

Lately I've been getting the sense that jokes about NDs are inappropriate in this state's current climate, but I can't put my finger on as to why. I think it's because it paints us as unsafe, and the antis will seize upon that.

There are no misses - only unacceptable hits.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Comotion357

Latest threads

Top Bottom