• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • trailman

Nov 15, 2011
    Frederick
    Off the wall question. Was with a group last night and thsi came up. Regs are below, However, what if I'm a CCW permit holder and am in region B or any region for that matter. Can I carry my EDC?

• Firearms or airguns may not be carried while hunting deer during the Archery Season with the following exception. In Deer Management Region A, persons 21 years old or older may carry a handgun for personal protection against bear while hunting deer during the Archery Season. • The handgun: » May not be used for hunting any game species while the person is archery hunting for deer; » May not have a barrel length of more than six inches; » May not have a telescopic sight or electronic aiming device attached; and » Maynot be used to kill wildlife wounded by a vertical bow or crossbow.

Archeryrob

Undecided on a great many things
    Mar 7, 2013
    Washington Co. - Fairplay
    If I can carry on the street, I can carry in the woods. Between coyotes, seeing bear crap near my deer stands and the farm owners seeing a cougar, I won't go in the woods without my P365 and have an open carry holster on my hunting pants all the time.

Bountied

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2012
    Pasadena
    Off the wall question. Was with a group last night and thsi came up. Regs are below, However, what if I'm a CCW permit holder and am in region B or any region for that matter. Can I carry my EDC?

• Firearms or airguns may not be carried while hunting deer during the Archery Season with the following exception. In Deer Management Region A, persons 21 years old or older may carry a handgun for personal protection against bear while hunting deer during the Archery Season. • The handgun: » May not be used for hunting any game species while the person is archery hunting for deer; » May not have a barrel length of more than six inches; » May not have a telescopic sight or electronic aiming device attached; and » Maynot be used to kill wildlife wounded by a vertical bow or crossbow.
    Does the regulation have a stipulation for CCW? If not then no, do not cross go, do not collect $200, and go directly to jail. Follow the regs. DNR don't play.

GutPile

Ultimate Member
    Jul 4, 2016
    On own property I carry. Have seen bears + coyotes on camera enough to know there is a non zero chance of an encounter. Could I defend myself with the Mathews? Probably. Not worth the risk given the time it would take on ground to nock, draw and then hope it decides to not continue. Pretty sure you have to be in region A if other laws governing conceal carry don't also cover you. Just don't get caught using it on Bambi until firearms season by the gamewarden and you are g2g if you have a regular conceal carry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom