Handgun Transfer, MSP barracks still a thing?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    I always have preferred Blue Fins, as a seller, because you simply get paid, drop it off, and leave since at that point, you're done....

But doing my 1st transaction (since the E77R started) at Golden Ring a few weeks ago, was painless, closer for me, and obviously, cheaper for the buyer...

Only downside is/was having to do a 2nd meet up with buyer (or seller), for the actual transfer, which is something to consider.

But once approved the actual transfer can be done anywhere. I’ve met buyers in a store parking lot and finished the transfer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Waingro

Apr 4, 2018
    I did a trade/transfer with member Parry. I think we went to the silver spring area barracks I believe. Troopers were super cool, and it was easy

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    You only have to go to the barracks once now? That's a serious improvement over the old days.
    Yes. It's been that way for a while. Probably since FSA2013 is my guess since everything is online now
    Never mind, I stand corrected, it’s always been that way

Last edited:

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    It's always been once at the Barracks .

The potential hitch is buyer snd seller meeting at barracks at the same time , and then having to meet a second subsequent time .

If y'all are geographically close , and live the same schedules , no biggie . But live in different areas , or at least one of them does shift work , or has long unpredictable hours , it can be a hassle .

Upperbay

Oct 20, 2019
    One thing I learned was they do not do out of state transfers. Needed one last year. First question asked was is this an out of state transfer?

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    It's always been once at the Barracks .
    I distinctly remember having to go back for them to sign once the paperwork came back. This was like 15 years ago, though, so maybe my memory is bad. I stopped doing barracks transfers after they kept taking forever and being arbitrarily told to come back some other day to initiate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom