• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • A. Wayne

Ultimate Member
    May 28, 2011
    I am in the market for a new handgun safe. Thoughts on gun specific safes vs. personal fire safes? I saw some info about "safe bouncing", and it sees that electronic combinations are not the best thing for keeping your property yours, however I haven't seen any personal safes that don't use electronic locks. Anyone have alternative or new ideas?

TapRackBang

Cheaper Than Diamonds
    Jan 14, 2012
    Bel Air
    You don't want a "fire safe", you want a burglary/security rated safe. Many of those happen to also be fire-rated.
    You will also want to bolt it securely to your house so they have to take the whole house if they want it. ;)

I'm sure our resident IP safe expert will be along shortly with professional advice. :)

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    I have a few Gunvault mini/deluxe safes. One I keep in my bedroom and one I take when I travel and use the cable to secure it to furniture of something immovable. I really like them a lot. Got mine from Gun Connection.

jhason

Jan 29, 2009
    MontCo
    If you are paranoid and have been watching alot of the Doomsday Preppers shows you'll want a fully mechanically one instead of those electronic safes in the event that there is an EMP. You'll have a safe full of guns of which you will not be able to access.

Jhason

Merlin

Ultimate Member
    Dec 31, 2009
    Carroll County, Maryland
    I am in the market for a new handgun safe. Thoughts on gun specific safes vs. personal fire safes? I saw some info about "safe bouncing", and it sees that electronic combinations are not the best thing for keeping your property yours, however I haven't seen any personal safes that don't use electronic locks. Anyone have alternative or new ideas?

I think the electronic locks are very good now. I think the most important thing to shop for is a dealer you can count on after the sale if you have any problems with either a electronic or mechanical lock

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Shive62

Latest threads

Top Bottom