• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • forging.a.better.tomorrow

Forging.a.better.tomorrow
    Jun 1, 2012
    I filed a petition for an UZI PRO pistol to be added to the roster, however, they cite one of the definitions of an Assault Pistol from MD CR 4-301, "(13) UZI semiautomatic pistol" and say it is not in their purview. Even though this is an "UZI PRO semiautomatic pistol" not an "UZI semiautomatic pistol".

Why is this not in HRB's purview if this is not the pistol model cited in the definition of an Assault Pistol?

RRomig

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 30, 2021
    Burtonsville MD
    I filed a petition for an UZI PRO pistol to be added to the roster, however, they cite one of the definitions of an Assault Pistol from MD CR 4-301, "(13) UZI semiautomatic pistol" and say it is not in their purview. Even though this is an "UZI PRO semiautomatic pistol" not an "UZI semiautomatic pistol".

Why is this not in HRB's purview if this is not the pistol model cited in the definition of an Assault Pistol?
    I guess they figure it’s close enough to the banned pistol. Did you submit a sample.

forging.a.better.tomorrow

Forging.a.better.tomorrow
    Jun 1, 2012
    That would be great.

For denied petitions, I see the next thing to do is to get a hearing with the HRB within 15 days of receiving the denial letter. How do those work?
    I'm confused as to what's going on. The models are different, and we have the AG opinion on internal differences making cosmetically similar firearms to banned firearms not "copies"

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    Look at the willfull misapplication of the word "Bushmaster" by the MSP. They know that Bushmaster brand ARs are not the rifles named on the Ban List.

The don't care. They flout the law, undermining their own legitimacy

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    I was hoping it would since MD defines an "Assault weapon” as

(1) an assault long gun;

(2) an assault pistol;  or

(3) a copycat weapon.
    It would simply revert to the pre Oct 1, 2013 language, which would break out the assault pistols, and thus a new lawsuit.

sar82007

Apr 6, 2013
    People's Republic of MD
    Man, would you look at that? I wonder what the backstory is. The Walther 22 version is still listed as LE only.

Forging.a.better.tomorrow sent in for the appeals process. And the crown gave him a date for the appeals hearing. Forging.a.better.tomorrow​

hired an attorney to attend the hearing. And right before the hearing was going to happen​

Forging.a.better.tomorrow was notified the Uzi Pro was added to the roster. It would seem the crown got frightened after they realized they weren't dealing with the average peasant that did not have legal counsel.​

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD

Forging.a.better.tomorrow sent in for the appeals process. And the crown gave him a date for the appeals hearing. Forging.a.better.tomorrow​

hired an attorney to attend the hearing. And right before the hearing was going to happen​

Forging.a.better.tomorrow was notified the Uzi Pro was added to the roster. It would seem the crown got frightened after they realized they weren't dealing with the average peasant that did not have legal counsel.​

This is amazing. I'll have to keep my eyes open for a Uzi Pro now!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom