• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Pmbspyder

Platinum Member
    Apr 12, 2012
    Quick question for you guys-

I bought a pistol on march 5 and my paperwork was submitted. At the time, I was told it would be at most 4 weeks. Well, I'm moving to another house next weekend and MSP hasn't even run my check yet.

When I change my address via the post office and stuff, will that affect my background check? I imagine MSP would not be very understanding if they ran a check and the address was different than the one submitted. Wanted to check with you guys before I open up a can of worms by asking MSP. Thanks for any tips or advice!

mac1_131

MSI Executive Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 31, 2009
    not sure, but a suggestion might be to give the new info to your dealer, and ask them to fax that to MSP and see if they can attach it to your paperwork?

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    Background check delays are currently at about 65 days, so you've still got weeks to wait. Easiest thing to do is call MSP Licensing Division and ask. In other words, just ask first. Don't have them pull your paperwork unless they say it's required. Pulling your paperwork could delay you further.

BAGGERZ13

Feb 14, 2013
    Why don't you just wait to change your address with the MVA...you have 30 days after moving to do so...wait till you get to pick up your firearm and then chane the address.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom