• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BigWilly

oK, nOw WhAt ?
    Mar 23, 2011
    Dundalk
    So I just saw a FB post where the guy is showing Sig P365 X macro that MDSP says won't be available until October 23rd after it gets approved at the next roster meeting. Guy said his 77R came back ND and the shop let him take it. Is this some clerical error? Can the guy get in trouble? I assume the LGS can face fines for selling a nonapproved gun?

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    So I just saw a FB post where the guy is showing Sig P365 X macro that MDSP says won't be available until October 23rd after it gets approved at the next roster meeting. Guy said his 77R came back ND and the shop let him take it. Is this some clerical error? Can the guy get in trouble? I assume the LGS can face fines for selling a nonapproved gun?

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

My completely uninformed guess is that since there are so many varieties of 'Sig P365' now, the LGS didn't know any better and put down a name on the 77r that matched one already approved.

fwgj

MDS Supporter
    Apr 18, 2022
    Up County MoCo
    Sounds like an "error (or lie) of omission"....P365X vs P365X Macro.....hmmm

tjiann

MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2022
    AACo
    The names on variations of the same model get confusing in that database. Try a Springfield 1911. I could not get a dealer to ship a standard mil-spec to my FFL because the exact name on the box wasn't specified in the database, despite it clearly being an approved gun. Worked out great because Anglers got it in a couple of weeks later and sold it to me at a better price without transfer fees.

fwgj

MDS Supporter
    Apr 18, 2022
    Up County MoCo
    Yea I figured the "Macro" was probably excluded from the form. What are the consequences?
    The code only lists penalties for the seller or manufacturers in violation....

Universal Citation: MD Pub Safety Code § 5-406 (2018)

(c) Penalties. --
    • (2) A person who sells or offers to sell a handgun in violation of this section is guilty of a misdemeanor and on conviction is subject to a fine not exceeding $ 2,500 for each violation.

I'm not a lawyer, nor do I play one on TV, but looks like as the recipient, it's not your responsibility.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom