• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • engineerbrian

JMB fan club
    Sep 3, 2010
    Fredneck
    Hey guys, I'm finally going to take my Colt Delta Elite out deer hunting this year. I know its not legal in MD, but I'm hunting in West Virginia so I'm good to go.

I’ve been looking around the internet for a decent holster that I can wear over my coveralls, across my chest. I’ve seen a lot of decent holsters, but I’d hate to drop $100 on something without seeing it first. Has anyone ever used one, or have one to recommend? I’m open at this point and will take any suggestions

Deep Creek Rock

.._. .._ _._. _._ .._
    Brian,

I have an Uncle Mikes set up that has the 4 point harness deal with it. It works fine, but I have not tried it with a pistol of a 1911 size/frame. Mine has a very large holster to fit, my inline pistol (will works for T/C Contenders & Encores) but I believe you can change over the holster portion from the harness. Id imagine that colt delta would use a standard 1911 holster, which is probably common as flies.

The harness will fit over your hunting clothes, and the straps are adjustable.

engineerbrian

JMB fan club
    Sep 3, 2010
    Fredneck
    get a m-7 holster,40to 50$,also works w/revolvers

Thats actually what i'd like to get, but i dont know if rain or snow would affect the leather...thoughts?

Brian,

I have an Uncle Mikes set up that has the 4 point harness deal with it. It works fine, but I have not tried it with a pistol of a 1911 size/frame. Mine has a very large holster to fit, my inline pistol (will works for T/C Contenders & Encores) but I believe you can change over the holster portion from the harness. Id imagine that colt delta would use a standard 1911 holster, which is probably common as flies.

The harness will fit over your hunting clothes, and the straps are adjustable.

Something like this? http://www.uncle-mikes.com/products/sidekick_vertical_shoulder_holsters.html

If it fits over winter hunting gear, it should work well too. I may go this route. I think the key is to find it local so I can try it on over my hunting gear

Magnumite

Ultimate Member
    Dec 17, 2007
    Harford County, Maryland
    I've gone to a shoulder holster for my 7.5" Super Blackhawk. I want to try the 4 point harness also. Using a belt holster has a few disadvantages in very cool to cold weather, and sometimes any weather. I discovered carrying this length pistol higher is more efficent and less cumbersome.

Deep Creek Rock

.._. .._ _._. _._ .._
    Thats actually what i'd like to get, but i dont know if rain or snow would affect the leather...thoughts?

Something like this? http://www.uncle-mikes.com/products/sidekick_vertical_shoulder_holsters.html

If it fits over winter hunting gear, it should work well too. I may go this route. I think the key is to find it local so I can try it on over my hunting gear

Brian -that is the one - it is an Uncle Mikes Sidekick. I had to dig it out of my hunting gear bin - I havent used it in a longtime. I also stand corrected - the holster portion of the harness is sewed onto the straps - so you will have to buy one that is model specific. But Id imagine for a 1911 frame- you shouldnt have a hard time finding one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Kdaily1127

Latest threads

Top Bottom