• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • grayson71

Ultimate Member
    May 7, 2011
    Rocky Gap, Va
    Anyone know anything about these? Are they still available? I can't find any for sale, but they are still listed on H&Rs website.

I just started shooting trap again after 20 year and my fiance wants to shoot as well. Right now I have a remington 870, but wanted to get another inexpensive gun so we can shoot together

Thanks

Kingjamez

Gun Builder
    Oct 22, 2009
    Fairfax, VA
    I've been looking for a topper trap for a while. I haven't been able to find one and no one on the H&R boards even know if it really is being made. They are even difficult to find on Gunbroker.

-Jim

Kingjamez

Gun Builder
    Oct 22, 2009
    Fairfax, VA
    If you really want inexpensive, why not just get a regular topper? I bought one from the classifieds this week for $100.00 in 20 gauge. I put a Walmart limbsaver on it and took it trap shooting yesterday. Having never shot it, never patterned it, and without a vent rib I shot a 16. With a little practice I'm sure I will get better. I was shooting with a guy using a Winchester model 11 pump with no vent rub, and he shot a 47 out of 50 in 2 games! So for a casual shooter, a plain shotgun may work just fine.

-Jim

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GD-3

Latest threads

Top Bottom