• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jakedasnake

Aug 11, 2012
    Hello, it's me! LOL seriously, I'm looking for a gunsmith who can (I guess you'd say) un-weld and de-pin a barrel shroud off an M92. And if I could get it engraved at the same time, that would be awesome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

armed ferret

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 23, 2008
    McDoogal's
    M92's don't have barrel shrouds.

AFT-Ranger-Problem-Solved-Olive-White-Sticker-300.jpg

Jakedasnake

Aug 11, 2012
    M92's don't have barrel shrouds.

AFT-Ranger-Problem-Solved-Olive-White-Sticker-300.jpg

Yes! Yes they do! It's placed there until you get a form 1 completed. Some call it a fake suppressor, others a shroud. You can chose which one you want to call it! Either way, if you don't know who can remove it, no need for your comment. Thanks

armed ferret

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 23, 2008
    McDoogal's
    A barrel shroud, by definition, shrouds the existing barrel. If there isn't barrel underneath the device, well then it ain't a phukin shroud now is it?

The m92 barrel is 10 inches. A fake can or barrel extension extends the barrel to a given length.

It ain't rocket surgery, but some folks are better than others with context clues.

That said, if you don't know how to drill a hole and unscrew something, you probably should put the guns down and take up golf.

coopermania

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 20, 2011
    Indiana
    A barrel shroud, by definition, shrouds the existing barrel. If there isn't barrel underneath the device, well then it ain't a phukin shroud now is it?

The m92 barrel is 10 inches. A fake can or barrel extension extends the barrel to a given length.

It ain't rocket surgery, but some folks are better than others with context clues.

That said, if you don't know how to drill a hole and unscrew something, you probably should put the guns down and
    take up golf.

Ferret, I guess you forgot about the problems you had drilling a simple hole in a barrel yourself back in Feb. A lot of people don't own any tolls and have no desire to do any mechanical work. Before you blast people about looking for a gunsmith how about you start with yourself, My son is almost 15 and he know that if you break a drill bit drilling steel, You need to make sure you get all of the broken bit out of the hole before you use another bit to finish the job ?
    You never did say how many bits you did use drilling a simple hole in a barrel ??
    Here's a recap below of your post.

Armed Farret's drilling in steel tips, feb of this year.

Here's a free tip

When you're drilling a gas port, and the first two bits break, while you're waiting on the new bits to arrive, always press the gas block back off and make sure the hole is clear of obstructions. Otherwise the tiny piece of drill bit still in the gas block will cause the three brand new bits you just bought to get dull as **** in a matter of seconds. Then you get to buy more bits

coopermania

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 20, 2011
    Indiana
    Jake, There are some great gunsmiths listed in the IP section,
    I don't know where you live ?
    Bolingers
    Scottys in Glen burnie
    And Atlantic Guns in silver spring.
    There nothing wrong with knowing your own limitations

FFBWMD

Industry Partner
    Oct 3, 2011
    Woodbine MD
    Hello, it's me! LOL seriously, I'm looking for a gunsmith who can (I guess you'd say) un-weld and de-pin a barrel shroud off an M92. And if I could get it engraved at the same time, that would be awesome!

Not sure where you are located, but i can help you with that and can do the engraving as well. PM me if you have any questions

Jakedasnake

Aug 11, 2012
    Not sure where you are located, but i can help you with that and can do the engraving as well. PM me if you have any questions

Thank you so much, unlike some, I don't want to screw my weapon up, by attempting something that I can pay for, and possibly learn how to do it next time by watching as it gets done at same time. I'm located in the Overlea area, but I'm willing to travel.

Jakedasnake

Aug 11, 2012
    Jake, There are some great gunsmiths listed in the IP section,
    I don't know where you live ?
    Bolingers
    Scottys in Glen burnie
    And Atlantic Guns in silver spring.
    There nothing wrong with knowing your own limitations

Once again, thanks my friend. I know my limitations, but I can also learn, by watching others "live", and not YouTube.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Shive62

Latest threads

Top Bottom