• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Huckleberry

No One of Consequence
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Severn & Lewes
    So you can learn the "modern technique" of gunfighting, founded 40 years ago. LOL

And Chinese martial arts are 4,000 years old and some concepts are still relevenant today and will keep you alive

Cooper's Color Codes still makes more sense the "Spidey Senses" espoused by some of the modern gunkata type gurus.

Isn't the Mozambique drill almost second nature to a FAM? You probably could shoot it better in your sleep than most of us on the forum wide awake with a 2 minute warning.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    And Chinese martial arts are 4,000 years old and some concepts are still relevenant today and will keep you alive

Cooper's Color Codes still makes more sense the "Spidey Senses" espoused by some of the modern gunkata type gurus.

Isn't the Mozambique drill almost second nature to a FAM? You probably could shoot it better in your sleep than most of us on the forum wide awake with a 2 minute warning.

Can't waste time with chest shots when people are sitting down or the from behind "hostage hold". Head shots :thumbsup:

I was just playing with the words of "modern" and 40 years ago. Color codes dodescribe alertness perfectly.

Huckleberry

No One of Consequence
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Severn & Lewes
    Can't waste time with chest shots when people are sitting down or the from behind "hostage hold". Head shots :thumbsup:

I was just playing with the words of "modern" and 40 years ago. Color codes dodescribe alertness perfectly.

I know but your word play for some of our literalists friends could hurt their brains or feelings.

No disagreement about the Codes. Just advocating for MDS's less fortunate members.

It's Labor Day with no Jerry Lewis so I just thought I help out.

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    ill be going next year. shitz & giggles ya know.

I heard they were putting a new site in Richmond maybe a month ago.

I'll probably take a course there too, want to check it out. I dislike that most every shooting course want you to start with their most basic course and advance you one level at a time. I'll see if I can get into one of their more advanced offerings from the start.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    I heard they were putting a new site in Richmond maybe a month ago.

I'll probably take a course there too, want to check it out. I dislike that most every shooting course want you to start with their most basic course and advance you one level at a time. I'll see if I can get into one of their more advanced offerings from the start.

No different than Apple making their music proprietary. It's all about the $$$$$

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    No different than Apple making their music proprietary. It's all about the $$$$$

Absolutely.

I have a standing offer from a good friend to join Front Sight as a lifetime Ambassador member (whatever that means). But they have progressive levels for every discipline, so it's like three levels for each shotgun, pistol, rifle, etc. That's a lot of travel, but I think he said its (free?) some special deal, I didn't look into it, because of the distance. I know they have overhead and expenses, but I just want to take a super high professional class maybe just once a year. Perfect course is the High Risk Personnel (HRP) taught by Storm Mountain in WVA. It's a mostly pistol course, but covers rifle, shotgun, kidnappings, awareness, shooting in restaurants, from vehicles, etc. It's a great course, only 5 (full days) long, and a days drive from most anywhere in Maryland. I think it was $2K or $3K back when I took it (I got to go for free, as was all my training back then). My unit provided the ammo, and I brought my own weapons. They had loaner guns too. Great mix of 'operator types' and several rich guys.

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    Absolutely.

I have a standing offer from a good friend to join Front Sight as a lifetime Ambassador member (whatever that means). But they have progressive levels for every discipline, so it's like three levels for each shotgun, pistol, rifle, etc. That's a lot of travel, but I think he said its (free?) some special deal, I didn't look into it, because of the distance. I know they have overhead and expenses, but I just want to take a super high professional class maybe just once a year. Perfect course is the High Risk Personnel (HRP) taught by Storm Mountain in WVA. It's a mostly pistol course, but covers rifle, shotgun, kidnappings, awareness, shooting in restaurants, from vehicles, etc. It's a great course, only 5 (full days) long, and a days drive from most anywhere in Maryland. I think it was $2K or $3K back when I took it (I got to go for free, as was all my training back then). My unit provided the ammo, and I brought my own weapons. They had loaner guns too. Great mix of 'operator types' and several rich guys.

Front sight is almost certainly too basic for you.. And the cost of travel makes it uneconomical.. Only way it works is to travel as a group and share costs..

However..puting a group together every now and then not a bad idea..

And for $1500.. I expect the good col.to make an appearance :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GD-3

Latest threads

Top Bottom