• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SOMDHUNTER12

Jan 2, 2013
    You have Keith's Gunworks down in Newburg which is south of La Plata. My dad has had good luck with him but I have not used him yet.

SandSGunsSOMD

Industry Partner
    Nov 7, 2023
    Calvert County, MD
    Hey OP, if you're still looking, we are right over the bridge in Huntingtown and offer a full range of smithing services including machining and cerakoting.

Thanks, and we look forward to hearing from you!

reckless1911

Nov 19, 2012
    Odenton
    Happy New Year all... I currently have an AR 5.7 Parts kit that I'm looking to get put together at a shop with a quick quick turn around and not travel too far. This would be the first of many custom builds im parting together right now so looking for a good connection. Any suggestions?

SandSGunsSOMD

Industry Partner
    Nov 7, 2023
    Calvert County, MD
    Happy New Year all... I currently have an AR 5.7 Parts kit that I'm looking to get put together at a shop with a quick quick turn around and not travel too far. This would be the first of many custom builds im parting together right now so looking for a good connection. Any suggestions?
    Where are you located? We're in Calvert County, and would be happy to help you out!

Mar 18, 2022
    Curtis Miller is a great gunsmith near you in Nanjemoy, MD 301-743-5483. Does great work. Ret Vet. fair pricing.

I've used him for two different projects now, and I can't say that I'm impressed. The first time, he installed an A2 sight base on an AR barrel for me. Couldn't properly zero it, let it sit for a few years. Turns out that it was installed with a slight cant to it. I had to get it fixed by Retro Arms Works.

The second issue was with threading a Ruger .22 barrel. Good thing I brought my suppressor with me and checked his work before I left, because the threads were done improperly and the suppressor/barrel were not concentric. Suppressor would have been ruined on the first shot. He fixed the issue and had it ready the next day. It works great now.

Those are just my experiences. Don't think I will be returning.

TheWhiteBuffalo

Not Impressed
    Dec 26, 2012
    Hughesville, MD
    Hey OP, if you're still looking, we are right over the bridge in Huntingtown and offer a full range of smithing services including machining and cerakoting.

Thanks, and we look forward to hearing from you!
    S&S did a great job on my buddy's wore out H&R .22LR pistol. Extremely fair pricing and great work. The firearm was a worn out disaster and they saved it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom