• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HeatSeeker

Ultimate Member
    Jun 18, 2012
    Maryland
    I have never bought or sold anything at a gunshow and I am thinking of trying to sell my 1936 Krieghoff Luger at one of the upcoming gun shows(Timonium??). What would I need to do to sell and transfer this at a show? Is it considerd a regulated firearm? Thanks.

yellowsled

Retired C&R Addict
    Jun 22, 2009
    Palm Beach, Fl
    Its regulated. No FTF, but you can meet the buyer at msp or do a FFL01 transfer with a buyer, or you can sell it directly to a dealer at the show provided he is a FFL.

screamingeagle

Mar 7, 2010
    I have never bought or sold anything at a gunshow and I am thinking of trying to sell my 1936 Krieghoff Luger at one of the upcoming gun shows(Timonium??). What would I need to do to sell and transfer this at a show? Is it considerd a regulated firearm? Thanks.

I wouldn't bother at Timonium, they will insult you with their offers. List it on GunBrokers they take a nominal fee if it sells and either post buyer pays transfer fees or you can split them. Just about any gun shop will ship for you anywhere from $40 to $60 bucks.

mcsurgeon

Jun 10, 2009
    catonsville,md
    second on that...

I wouldn't bother at Timonium, they will insult you with their offers. List it on GunBrokers they take a nominal fee if it sells and either post buyer pays transfer fees or you can split them. Just about any gun shop will ship for you anywhere from $40 to $60 bucks.

you will definitely get what you want at GB. good luck on your sales.:)

mcsurgeon

Jun 10, 2009
    catonsville,md
    there is one selling right now...check it out. for comaprison, look into Gunbroker for Item # 342955992. that too is the way it should be represented, zoomed up and very clear pictures showing the markings on parts.

HeatSeeker

Ultimate Member
    Jun 18, 2012
    Maryland
    I have been told that some dealers(FFL) will do the transfer for you at the shows for a transfer fee. Is that a good option or a hassle?

Rickhead

XXXXXXXXXX
    Sep 12, 2010
    I have been told that some dealers(FFL) will do the transfer for you at the shows for a transfer fee. Is that a good option or a hassle?

It's an option but the problem is finding a buyer. You're going to have to find someone who knows what it is, has the cash and make a impulse buy. Selling it online gives you the highest chance that an advanced collector (hopefully more) will see it and bid it's actual value. Carrying it around a gunshow would get you a few views whereas on a good auction site you'd get hundreds or more views from people looking for that type of item.

ohen cepel

Ultimate Member
    Feb 2, 2011
    Where they send me.
    I think the best you could hope for at a show is for a dealer to offer you about 50% of what it's worth so he has room for profit when he sells it.

For something like that online is the way to go if you want max profit from it. A std Luger you would be fine with at a show, but I wouldn't try to move that one there.

There just aren't many people walking around a show with $5k in their pocket.

CasualObserver

Who Observes the Observer
    Apr 27, 2012
    Maryland Born Now in Vermont
    I agree. As much as I hate GB (as a buyer), a sales avenue like that is probably the way to go. Something like GB is where you'll find a collector to give you what its worth. Most (but not all) of the folks at Timonium are going to be trolling for bargains, not looking for a 5 grand collectors piece. Just list it with a reserve on GB to protect your bottem line asking price and don't do something stupid like ship it to someone without their FFL.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Shive62

Latest threads

Top Bottom