• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mr. Ed

This IS my Happy Face
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2009
    Edgewater
    It's scary (and infuriating) to see how many folks on the public side of the gun counters sweep other folks, on both sides of the counter. And don't have proper trigger finger discipline. I don't know how folks in the business stand the stupidity. I have left more than one LGS due to this crap. I'll come back (maybe) when it's less crowded. Everybody, on both sides of the counter, has a responsibility to correct improper muzzle and trigger discipline for our mutual safety. And, FWIW, there are NO accidents. But there are negative consequences from bad decision making.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    It's scary (and infuriating) to see how many folks on the public side of the gun counters sweep other folks, on both sides of the counter. And don't have proper trigger finger discipline. I don't know how folks in the business stand the stupidity. I have left more than one LGS due to this crap. I'll come back (maybe) when it's less crowded. Everybody, on both sides of the counter, has a responsibility to correct improper muzzle and trigger discipline for our mutual safety. And, FWIW, there are NO accidents. But there are negative consequences from bad decision making.

It's why I won't go to most ranges, either. I hate being swept. Follow the rules. No matter how redundant it may seem. Whether or not you are "sure" the gun is unloaded. Every time.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I don't have sound on this computer but, weren't those set-ups as in PSAs-don't do this?

woodstock

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jun 28, 2009
    good find half-cocked! whats really alarming to me is how many folks think it's okay to come into a gun shop with an uncased long gun and the action is closed with the muzzle sweeping everyone in front of them. GET A CASE, simple.

AACo

Tiny Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 11, 2015
    Westminster
    How many of you guys "forget" your gun is loaded? Like teratos already stated, treat every firearm as if it is loaded is rule number one, but still.

Back when CC was a regular thing for me, I would have been an idiot to not know what my chamber status was.

I can understand removing a magazine and not removing the round in the chamber....

RonK

Oct 10, 2015
    Indian Head, MD
    I would think it would be an infrequent occurrence (too often whatever the case) that the LGS would find one chambered after someone thinks it's clear. BUT did you see how many rounds they collected in just 3 weeks towards the end of the vid?!?!

AACo

Tiny Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 11, 2015
    Westminster
    I would think it would be an infrequent occurrence (too often whatever the case) that the LGS would find one chambered after someone thinks it's clear. BUT did you see how many rounds they collected in just 3 weeks towards the end of the vid?!?!

That's what I'm saying. Wonder if they found that after a muzzle sweep.

slowz32

Dec 3, 2014
    Mt. Airy
    Stuff like this makes me uneasy. Dont like seeing people swinging muzzles all around at the range either. Im usually about ready to leave if i get someone like that near me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Kdaily1127

Latest threads

Top Bottom