• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ismee

Jan 6, 2018
    Now that there are 7000 newly minted WC holders, and counting.

I have carried concealed for years in Virginia and DC. I live near Eastern Avenue and any (previous) trip to or thru Maryland would be unarmed. I now carry concealed in Maryland. When the lawsuit is successful, I dream of open carry on metro in Virginia, zipping up my jacket before the Potomac River, and unzipping it after Eastern Avenue.

From the Washington Free Beacon 2015;

..."Those with gun carry permits recognized by Virginia may carry on metro facilities within Virginia. "Virginia law does not specifically prohibit the carry of a firearm by a concealed permit holder on the metro," said Corinne Geller, a Virginia State Police official.

The Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) reiterated Geller’s point and emphasized that while metro has not previously publicly commented on gun carry in Virginia, it has long been understood to be legal. "VCDL has long understood that the metro allows local law to control the carry of firearms," said Philip Van Cleave, VCDL’s president. "For gun owners in Virginia, whose travel will keep them in Virginia and not enter Maryland or D.C., that means they can, and do, carry on the metro."

Though Maryland issues relatively few permits compared with Virginia, Maryland State Police say that those who do have a Maryland gun carry permit are permitted to carry on the metro within the state. "As long as the permit holder is abiding by the restrictions of the permit, they may do so," said Elena Russo, a Maryland State Police spokesperson."It is the holder’s responsibility to know where one is prohibited from carrying a handgun."...

Last edited:

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    I'm carrying in JB's right now having a boring lunch. No one noticed.
    e95616bed4ba3991037f97224686136c.jpg

Alea Jacta Est

Extinguished member
    MDS Supporter
    I have a friend (well, at least one). He’s a biker.

His pat reply when asked by anyone in “authority,” “…are you carrying a gun?” is ”I’m a wearing pants, ain’t I?”

This is Don’t ask, Don’t tell land.

What did that one announcer say when the flashy receiver started his antics in the end zone following a touchdown? Something along the lines of “For heavens sake son, act like ya been there before.”

Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    I have been carrying at work all week since I got approved. Can't wait for here card to come so I can go somewhere.

Last edited:

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    A decade or so ago, there was a thread about doing the Wally World Walk to break in a fresh permit.

I eagerly await my first experience in MD as an American.

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    Probably deserves it’s own thread but here is some advice from someone who has legally carried for 15 years.

Don’t tell anyone your carrying.

Dress around your gun and honestly no one’s gonna notice you’re printing unless you have a Fobus paddle holster

Be a nice person always, smile at people!

Mind your own business

Don’t tell anyone your carrying
    Yepper…

Over 36 years of lawful carry.

Maybe I could make a list just for the thread… but then it would be in violation of the prime directive, of which we with experience, are well aware.

Fight Gun Club Rules:
    1) No one should be sharing where they carried. The tool is there for defense, NOT for “show and tell“.

We get it folks, it’s new and special and makes some folks feel great. But, please don’t open yourself to encounters where none need be.

Keep it to yourself. Stay gray…

Example: An acquaintance was out in public, CCW in IWB. He was new to this and had told a friend. The friend chose to be the town crier when he got upset at some other folks. And in his attempt at being Billy Badass, informed the crowd… “(my friend) here is strapped and will shoot anyone who tries to f with us.” That brought in all kinds of bad juju.

Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    ****No. This is gonna be an epic epic thread (that's TWO epics due to the epicocity involved!)

People are gonna post pics of them carrying everywhere! Dunno why, but ok. People are excited to exercise their new right with their W&C permit.

You're just hoping this turns into the epic upshirt selfie thread. :innocent0

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    Even if I have no reason to, I like to carry through a Whole Foods and linger at the soy foods display. I'm hoping that the environment will exert some sort Evil Gun Dampening Field so that my gun won't do any gun violence all on its own.

And now that my bank has a "no firearms" sticker on their branch door, I've stopped using the ATM and instead carry inside the bank and use a teller. Gun still refuses to do any gun violence. It's a mystery!

Truly, I carry it everywhere in MD, VA, PA, and WV and only leave it in the vehicle while popping in to check my PO box - a federal no-gunz zone. I've remained incredibly shoot-out free for years now. I did get a papercut once, opening a bill at the post office. I think I left at least one drop of finger blood in the parking lot on my way out, so the only time I've caused Blood In The Streets, the gun was sleeping quietly in the car.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ESM07

Latest threads

Top Bottom