• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BPSballistics

Aug 11, 2012
    Glen burnie
    I need some advice I traded some of my things to a buddy of mine I known for years. What im trying to say is I traded him my decked out ruger 10/22 and some Ammo for a barely used GSG Ak47 .22LR with a nice little leapers scope on it. Any of you guys out there know much about the GSG series and if their good guns. Maybe I should have done my research because I know what a 10/22 can do.

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    I need some advice I traded some of my things to a buddy of mine I known for years. What im trying to say is I traded him my decked out ruger 10/22 and some Ammo for a barely used GSG Ak47 .22LR with a nice little leapers scope on it. Any of you guys out there know much about the GSG series and if their good guns. Maybe I should have done my research because I know what a 10/22 can do.

gsg's are more valuable than a 10/22. as far as what you can do with a 10/22 there are many more options...

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Well, it was endorsed by Kalashnikov himself, so you know it's awesome! /sarcasm

But, seriously, I heard it's OK. Field stripping is supposed to be annoying, though. I'm always a bit suspicious of products like this, if only because I'd personally prefer to buy a WASR-22 or M10 .22LR (both of which are real AKs) and just have a gunsmith work out the kinks.

JDove

Ultimate Member
    Jun 16, 2010
    gsg's are more valuable than a 10/22. as far as what you can do with a 10/22 there are many more options...

I suppose that depends on what kind of money you put into the 10/22. The KIDD 2 stage Trigger in mine was almost $300. I wouldn't expect a GSG to be nearly as accurate as the nicely done 10/22.

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    I suppose that depends on what kind of money you put into the 10/22. The KIDD 2 stage Trigger in mine was almost $300. I wouldn't expect a GSG to be nearly as accurate as the nicely done 10/22.

Im saying out of the box...I know you could put $1000 dollars in a 10/22...in mods

BPSballistics

Aug 11, 2012
    Glen burnie
    the 10/22 I had i put an archangel 556 stock kit on it. a tapco foregrip for shits and giggles and a cheap red dot. And i paid 150 bucks for the 10/22 from a friend so all in all i had maybe 340 bucks maybe tied into the 10/22 this gsg ak47 came with 3 mags which supposedly are 40 bucks a piece and correct me if im wrong the gsg ak47's are msrpd at like 450 bucks or so. I definetly like the look and feel of the ak better it feels heavier feels like a rifle. The ruger felt light and cheap but its a 10/22 and a reliable gun.

JDove

Ultimate Member
    Jun 16, 2010
    the 10/22 I had i put an archangel 556 stock kit on it. a tapco foregrip for shits and giggles and a cheap red dot. And i paid 150 bucks for the 10/22 from a friend so all in all i had maybe 340 bucks maybe tied into the 10/22 this gsg ak47 came with 3 mags which supposedly are 40 bucks a piece and correct me if im wrong the gsg ak47's are msrpd at like 450 bucks or so. I definetly like the look and feel of the ak better it feels heavier feels like a rifle. The ruger felt light and cheap but its a 10/22 and a reliable gun.

Well looks like you came out ahead then.

JDove

Ultimate Member
    Jun 16, 2010
    whats that suppose to mean? as in my 10/22 wasnt as good as I proclaimed it to be?

No, just saying when I think of a decked out 10/22, it is setup more like the way I have mind done for long range .22 fun.

10_22.jpg

Your was setup for some good ol' tacticool plinking. Nothing wrong with that, just not the way I like mine.

JDove

Ultimate Member
    Jun 16, 2010
    lol...I like 10/22's but when my trigger group wore out and the trigger group cost more than a new gun I decided to sell it...lol I'll buy another 10/22 someday...lol

Yeah but that KIDD 2 stage is awesome! :D Unfortunately, I do not get to shoot it at 100yds much like I set it up for. I shoot my SIG 522 more these days.

BPSballistics

Aug 11, 2012
    Glen burnie
    No, just saying when I think of a decked out 10/22, it is setup more like the way I have mind done for long range .22 fun.

Your was setup for some good ol' tacticool plinking. Nothing wrong with that, just not the way I like mine.

ohh ok sorry thought you were calling mine crap your just saying mine was setup for a diffrent purpose then what you like them to be. But in all honesty if I buy another 10/22 its gonna be one with the syn stock and bull barrel for longer shooting and I think the tactical look no offense to no one does kind of look cheesy. well the stock I had on it did I seen some cool stocks for the 10/22 for example some company makes one that makes it look like a g36C which looks cool

JDove

Ultimate Member
    Jun 16, 2010
    ohh ok sorry thought you were calling mine crap your just saying mine was setup for a diffrent purpose then what you like them to be. But in all honesty if I buy another 10/22 its gonna be one with the syn stock and bull barrel for longer shooting and I think the tactical look no offense to no one does kind of look cheesy. well the stock I had on it did I seen some cool stocks for the 10/22 for example some company makes one that makes it look like a g36C which looks cool

Exactly. :) And those G36 copy Marauder stocks do look pretty cool.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ObsidianCC

Latest threads

Top Bottom