• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jc1240

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 18, 2013
    Westminster, MD
    Hopefully, the short version:

A Green Beret was killed by other special forces men in a hazing incident in Mali. Two tried to put blame on another Green Beret (Jaimie Morris) saying Morris gave permission for the hazing. That was to deflect blame and others testified Morris has no involvement at all. CID investigated and no charges were filed. Yet CID reports most investigations regardless of outcome to the FBI who enters the data in the DB used by NICS as ARRESTS even thought no arrest was ever executed.

Morris finds our when his local sheriff's office called about his carry permit renewal wanting to know about the murder, aggravated sexual assault and other charges. This process of reporting investigations is called "titling" and is "just an administrative process."

Morris tried to get the DOD's Inspector General to help.

Last November, Morris filed a complaint with the Defense Department’s inspector general. At some point between then and June, the murder charge and negligent homicide charges were inexplicably scrubbed from his record. But a slew of other charges remain, including attempted aggravated sexual contact, soliciting another to commit aggravated assault and obstruction of justice.

Despite a judge advocate issuing a memo in June finding no probable cause that Morris committed the offenses, CID refuses to untitle Morris.

In an Aug. 15 email reviewed by Fox News, a CID agent said the allegations against Morris were changed to "no probable cause" and that his fingerprints were removed from the database. But the agent wrote that DoD rules prohibit individuals from being untitled unless there is a case of mistaken identity or an error was made in applying the "credible information standard."

"Mr. Morris will remain titled," the agent wrote. "Titling is an administrative function and NOT indicative of a criminal determination."

But when it comes to a background check, that "administrative function" looks a lot like criminal wrongdoing. The flag on his record stopped Morris from progressing in the Army.

"I was at the prime of my career to be able to move forward, to do what every young Green Beret joins to do and become a team sergeant or a team leader and lead those guys and show them what you’ve learned from all your years," he said.

Instead, his career stalled out in 2019. In May of this year, Morris said he was pressured to leave the Army after 18 years and 10 months. He was just over a year away from obtaining the coveted military pension.

"He didn't want to get out of the military," Addicott, Morris' lawyer, said. "He lost hundreds of thousands of dollars" by retiring before the 20-year mark.

And getting a job — or a concealed carry permit — is no easy feat when it looks like you’ve been arrested for murder or attempted sex crimes. Morris said he applied to 80-some jobs over the course of a year. He got two interviews.

Once again the federal gov is an absolute failure.

Last edited:

4g64loser

Bad influence
    Jan 18, 2007
    maryland
    Sounds like the cid assholes need a sere trip and the idiots who killed their brother in arms need to die in ft Leavenworth

Afrikeber

Ultimate Member
    Jan 14, 2013
    Urbana, Md.
    Sounds like the cid assholes need a sere trip and the idiots who killed their brother in arms need to die in ft Leavenworth
    Last I heard on that case the Navy Seals were found not guilty of killing that Green Beret. It was not a hazing incident but an ongoing rivalry turned deadly when they ambushed him alone. That is if this is the case I was following.

jc1240

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 18, 2013
    Westminster, MD
    Last I heard on that case the Navy Seals were found not guilty of killing that Green Beret. It was not a hazing incident but an ongoing rivalry turned deadly when they ambushed him alone. That is if this is the case I was following.
    Same case and "hazing" came from the article, but the meat in the article mentions the friction with the decedent.

4g64loser

Bad influence
    Jan 18, 2007
    maryland
    Yes. That's the case. Article calls hazing but I didn't because the other stuff I have read suggests feud not hazing.

Blackstar65

Ultimate Member
    Jun 27, 2010
    The Seal that strangled him got 10 years. It was a lot more than hazing and branch rivalry.

Afrikeber

Ultimate Member
    Jan 14, 2013
    Urbana, Md.
    The Seal that strangled him got 10 years. It was a lot more than hazing and branch rivalry.
    Didn’t the Seal get pardoned? I’ve been assigned to OCONUS sites as a civilian. MP’s who issued sidearms to me always let me keep mine overnight. Since I helped them out at the range getting green suits qualified, they were flexible with turning in my firearm overnight. I mention this because I did see some hairy people/activities both on the compound and off with folks who were supposed to be friendlies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom