• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shekaar

Apr 26, 2018
    So I’m planning on picking something up to conceal. What are some great small frame pistols these days? I’m skinny, so nothing I have currently is going to work.
    I’ve also never been a huge fan of the Glock models I’ve shot in the past, though I know they come highly recommended in general.

Thanks all!

BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County
    Look at a Springfield Hellcat, they seem to be all the rage out this way. I’m waiting for a Pro model to hit the handgun roster myself.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    You need to shoot a few, or at least handle them. There are a lot of great subcompacts out there. Hellcat, P365s, Glock 43.

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    I just bought a Hellcat yesterday. They are running a promotion right now;the gun, range bag and 5 magazines. I paid $570 for it. I'm going to give a try, really like the feel of it.

CaptChaos

MDS Supporter
    Mar 1, 2008
    Calvert County, MD
    I’ve been waiting so long for my rights to be restored, I’m just planning on buying most of the popular subcompacts I’ve been pretending didn’t exist.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    I’ve been waiting so long for my rights to be restored, I’m just planning on buying most of the popular subcompacts I’ve been pretending didn’t exist.
    I'll take everything on the menu, please.

shekaar

Apr 26, 2018
    Cool I’ll check out the handgun section.

I have an XDm, I’m a big fan of Springfield guns I’ve shot before.

You guys are probably right, handing a few at a range is probably the way to go.

I do want to try a hellcat now though. I’ll have to look around see if any ranges near me have one I can rent!

RRomig

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 30, 2021
    Burtonsville MD
    I'll take everything on the menu, please.

We were on vacation years ago (family of 4) and the waitress was going over the dessert cart menu when I stopped her short and said
    “ we’ll take the cart”. That was an E F Hutton moment we still laugh about.

shekaar

Apr 26, 2018
    I just bought a Hellcat yesterday. They are running a promotion right now;the gun, range bag and 5 magazines. I paid $570 for it. I'm going to give a try, really like the feel of it.
    That’s a hell of a deal, where did you purchase?

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    That’s a hell of a deal, where did you purchase?
    J & K in Havre De Grace

Springield is running the promo for the range bag and 3 extra mags. I thought I was going to have to send in for it but they had the whole package available right there in store.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    I would imagine there is a huge demand for subcompacts right now in MD.

shekaar

Apr 26, 2018
    Head there today and you can be shooting it next Saturday! LOL I think they close at 2 on Saturdays
    I always forget about the waiting period here lol. Haven’t bought a new handgun since leaving Arizona where I could walk out with one on my hip in about 45 minutes. How I miss those days!

shekaar

Apr 26, 2018
    I would imagine there is a huge demand for subcompacts right now in MD.
    I’m quite sure you’re right! I’m guessing supply will be low in the coming months when more and more get their permits. Definitely want to get working on one now!

newq

101st Poptart Assault BSB
    Mar 6, 2011
    Eldersburg, MD
    Canik tp9 elite sc is a great contender at an amazing price point and it comes with alot of extras that you won't see from most. I bought my first Canik a TP9SFX the first time I saw it at a LGS. I got it to the range and I couldn't have been more impressed. Great shooter and for me has been nothing but reliable. Knock on wood my TP9SFX has never had a single failure of any sort since purchasing it back in 2017. It just seems to eat everything and I shoot it well. It points, aims and fits very naturally.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SrAIC

Latest threads

Top Bottom