• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 308Scout

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 27, 2020
    Washington County
    Starting this weekend (Feb. 4-12). I skipped last year after some of the bigger exhibitors (Ruger, etc.) dropped out. I'm definitely heading up next week though (not going anywhere near the place during the weekends). Looking forward to hitting up the Ruger, Sig and HK booths as well as the the archery hall. Anyone else planning on going and what are you checking out? Figured a thread would be useful to compare notes.

Looks like the show is GTG for concealed carry with a PA permit as well.

GAOS 2023

Last edited:

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    i went maybe 4-5 years ago, pre covid, during the week and it wasn't too too crowded. are the weekends way too crowded?

308Scout

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 27, 2020
    Washington County
    i went maybe 4-5 years ago, pre covid, during the week and it wasn't too too crowded. are the weekends way too crowded?
    The last time I was there on a weekend, the morning was crowded but not too terrible. The afternoon was a shoulder to shoulder packed mass of humanity in the corridors between halls and in the firearms hall. I've been doing weekdays exclusively since then.

Tacswa3

Oct 7, 2013
    Was going to try and check it out for a day or two but don't think it's gonna happen for me. Its about a 4 hour drive one way for me so....

dontpanic

Ultimate Member
    Jul 7, 2013
    Timonium
    Starting this weekend (Feb. 4-12). I skipped last year after some of the bigger exhibitors (Ruger, etc.) dropped out. I'm definitely heading up next week though (not going anywhere near the place during the weekends). Looking forward to hitting up the Ruger, Sig and HK booths as well as the the archery hall. Anyone else planning on going and what are you checking out? Figured a thread would be useful to compare notes.

Looks like the show is GTG for concealed carry with a PA permit as well.

GAOS 2023
    Link doesn't work. Here it is.

https://www.greatamericanoutdoorshow.org/

Is there a better weekday to go? I'm going to have to check the schedule. No way I'm going on a weekend.

Last edited:

Wsanner

Sep 19, 2012
    We will be there and set up at booth 2206 booking snakehead and Rockfish charters. Check us out!

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1675347074046.jpg
      FB_IMG_1675347074046.jpg
      74.3 KB · Views: 81

Beware of Dog
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 16, 2013
    AA Co
    I will try to hit it this year if I can swing a day off this week (maybe Tuesday). I have been the past few years, last year kinda sucked with many vendors not there, hope it's better this time around!

Wsanner

Sep 19, 2012
    Did anyone go this weekend?

How crowded was it? Was the crowd size the same as before covid?
    I just got home and sat down. It was pretty crowded both days. Food lines were 45 minutes long. Its been awhile since Ive been there until this year, but it was pretty nuts midday. We made the best of being stuck in the booth all day..... I glued a quarter to the floor and watched people try to pick it up..... It provided a little entertainment for the day. Im heading back up Wednesday nite to finish the weekend .

Last edited:

ChrisD

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 19, 2013
    Conowingo
    Did anyone go this weekend?

How crowded was it? Was the crowd size the same as before covid?
    Wife and I went yesterday. Very crowded until around 3. I don’t generally go on the weekend. My plan was to go Friday, but pretty sure I have an obligation now. We were free yesterday, so we made the best of it. I wanted to check in with the outfit I have an Idaho trip booked with this October. Booked it there last year. Unexpectedly ran into some out of state friends, and stopped and chatted with wsanner for a bit. Also, sprung for a Strikeman laser target yesterday.

gmkoh

Feb 26, 2013
    Annapolis
    I plan on driving up someday this week. Tomorrow is the Senate hearing for SB0002. Maybe Thursday. I have a turkey hunt booked in Nebraska in May and I wanted to chat with the outfitter.. and just browse for interesting things

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom