Got range time at MG with my Ruger American Rimfire.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Capt Skup

Ultimate Member
    Feb 29, 2012
    Calvert County
    I have forgotten the joy of a .22 bolt gun. I ordered and picked up this Ruger American Rimfire in .22 WMR a couple of weeks ago from Bob's Sunoco in Calloway. Today was the first chance I had of shooting it. It is the compact model with the 18" barrel. Have not scoped it yet, and upon firing noticed I was shooting left of target center. Hmm, wonder what is causing that. Than noticed the dovetailed rear sight is far left of center, which I corrected when I got home. The Ruger rotary magazine holds 9 rounds of .22 WMR. The action was stiff at first, If I cycled it too gently the cartridges did not feed each time. Using a bit more force and more use it got much better. I had not shot a .22 magnum in a long time, I had forgotten the louder report and actually feeling a bit of recoil. I have to say the little rifle is a pure blast to shoot and am looking forward to scoping it and taking it hunting. I was pretty well stocked up on most of the ammo calibers I have but now I need to start the hunt all over again. Thanks once again for Ruger for building another great new toy, I mean rifle.

rouchna

Defund the ATF
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 25, 2009
    Virginia
    I have the .22lr version and love it. The bolt smoothes out after a while. If you have some free time, cycle the bolt back and forth while watching tv. I did it and it made a world of difference.

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    They are fun aren't they? I'm a huge CZ fan but they are stiff when new also. As mentioned just lube up and cycle in front of the boob tube.

6Den

Feb 10, 2013
    Howard County
    The .22WMR is one cartridge I've always wanted to love. The ballistics, especially in rifles, fill the gap nicely between .22LR and the centerfires. The problem was that I hadn't owned rifles that were accurate enough to wow me. When the .17s came out, their accuracy was so amazing that I had all but forgotten about the Maggie....until recently. I bought a RAR compact, fed it the new and improved ammo that are now on the market, and I am a believer!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Comotion357

Latest threads

Top Bottom