• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    This just in.

The Republican National Committee (RNC) Platform Committee voted 84-to-18 on Monday to adopt the new 2024 platform language after skipping the process entirely in 2020.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Huckleberry

No One of Consequence
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Severn & Lewes
    Point #7 of the newly adopted as of Today GOP's MAGA Platform

DEFEND OUR CONSTITUTION, OUR BILL OF RIGHTS, AND OUR FUNDAMENTAL FREEDOMS, INCLUDING FREEDOM OF SPEECH, FREEDOM OF RELIGION, AND THE RIGHT TO KEEP AND BEAR ARMS

ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    Point #7 of the newly adopted MAGA Platform

DEFEND OUR CONSTITUTION, OUR BILL OF RIGHTS, AND OUR FUNDAMENTAL FREEDOMS, INCLUDING FREEDOM OF SPEECH, FREEDOM OF RELIGION, AND THE RIGHT TO KEEP AND BEAR ARMS

That’s the only mention all other initiatives have been dropped

Huckleberry

No One of Consequence
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Severn & Lewes
    That’s the only mention all other initiatives have been dropped

Trump wants the platform to be clear, concise and easily digestible

No need to get into the weeds of each point until he wins on 11/5

Trump needs to pull in the squishy independents and the Anti-Biden Democrats that are running for the exits right now.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    I wonder how many Republicans - or Democrats - can articulate in any detail on any subject even a single platform position that was actually adopted, or rejected by their Party before a convention.

Haven't heard many opposing candidates espousing in a stump speech or debate, "But that's not part of your Party's platform."

Last edited:

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    Need is to win votes of the middle. Left is lost from the start, right is assumed. Gain is needed from the center.
    Ah, the John McRomney winning strategy. Favored by Bud Light, Disney, Tractor Supply. Piss away your base trying to gain imaginary new supporters.

It ain't called the Stupid Party for nothing.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    Ah, the John McRomney winning strategy. Favored by Bud Light, Disney, Tractor Supply. Piss away your base trying to gain imaginary new supporters.

It ain't called the Stupid Party for nothing.
    Yup!

There's much more to this than just not putting guns in the platform. I've mentioned it before. So I won't mention it again.

outrider58

Loves Red Balloons
    MDS Supporter
    The more vague you make it, the fewer "rugged individualists" you will piss off. More commonly known as "the Base".

Fewer Repubrobates taking their ball and going home. You first have to get INTO office before you can make a difference. Something the Elephants have a hard time understanding.

I'm good with that.

emerald

Ultimate Member
    Apr 25, 2015
    Strikes me it's going after that swing vote, which would seem to be the needed vote to win the election. Sadly, it really does often get down to a handful of voters in specific districts in a few states.

ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    It's a game of inches not feet.

More like Game of Thrones. Biden the mad king, holed up in the tower with Hunter Guarding the door.

But on a serious note, the GOP is pulling out all of the stops for sure. I don’t think downplaying the 2nd Amendment really helps or hurts Trump in November, but right now democrat house and senate candidates up are polling BETTER than Biden. This move is strategically aimed at those races in swing states.

outrider58

Loves Red Balloons
    MDS Supporter
    More like Game of Thrones. Biden the mad king, holed up in the tower with Hunter Guarding the door.

But on a serious note, the GOP is pulling out all of the stops for sure. I don’t think downplaying the 2nd Amendment really helps or hurts Trump in November, but right now democrat house and senate candidates up are polling BETTER than Biden. This move is strategically aimed at those races in swing states.
    I believe the Repubs have made a similar stance on abortions also. Repubs need to learn(and I think Lara T. gets this) to stop stepping into the same pile of shit every election cycle. Like I said, it's a game if inches, not feet. Incrementalism. That's how we ended up in this mess. We can beat them at their own game(with a little discipline).

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    Strikes me it's going after that swing vote, which would seem to be the needed vote to win the election. Sadly, it really does often get down to a handful of voters in specific districts in a few states.

Exactly, the winning Mitt McCain strategy, appeal to the middle-of-the-road. Hey, it's worked before, right?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    shatter

Latest threads

Top Bottom